Dynamics CRM 4.0 Licenses RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I would like to ask about the possibility of buying CRM 4.0 licenses after the release of Dynamics CRM 2011.

Can we still buy the old version licenses ?

Thanks

GKSPLB
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 6:56 AM

Answers

• I contacted CRM lead in the Middle east, and he informed me that for new clients, CRM 4.0 is no more offered for sale, and new clients have to buy CRM 2011.

Thanks

GKSPLB
    • Marked as answer by GKSPLB Friday, August 5, 2011 7:22 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 7:22 AM

All replies

• Hi,

i have checked my Microsoft Dynamics Partner account and it is only showing me the price list for CRM 2011 and not allowing me to place an order for CRM 4.0 (pricing guide is available but not pricing sheet any more) but you may also contact the CRM partner and check if they are still offering CRM 4.0 licensing.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Wednesday, July 27, 2011 7:37 AM
  • Yes, you can still buy user licenses for 4.0.  Many have not upgraded to 2011.  Just contact Microsoft if you buy direct or your Microsoft Partner.

Regards, Donna

• Proposed as answer by Donna EdwardsMVP Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Wednesday, August 3, 2011 4:00 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by GKSPLB Friday, August 5, 2011 7:20 AM
    Wednesday, August 3, 2011 3:19 PM
  • I contacted CRM lead in the Middle east, and he informed me that for new clients, CRM 4.0 is no more offered for sale, and new clients have to buy CRM 2011.

Thanks

GKSPLB
    • Marked as answer by GKSPLB Friday, August 5, 2011 7:22 AM
    Friday, August 5, 2011 7:22 AM
  • ok, so it looks like the question was not clear because I made the assumption that you wanted to purchase additional licenses for an existing 4.0 installation or client.  You're right, if someone is buying CRM as a new product, we would not sell them an old version.  Good point and one that I did not take into consideration when responding to the question.  However, if someone already has 4.0 and they want additional licenses they can purchase 4.0 additional user licenses.

So you are correct, both answers are right.  For a new Client, you will sell or buy 2011 and for an existing client who wants additional seats, you can purchase additional 4.0 licenses.

Cheers,

Regards, Donna

Friday, August 5, 2011 10:58 AM

Thanks

GKSPLB

Hi,

I think i also gave you the same direction.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    Friday, August 5, 2011 1:21 PM