Customizing the Portal Integration Accelerator RRS feed

• Question

• After looking over my options, I chose to install the Portal Integration accelerator. I did that successfully, but am now looking to "develop" the portal to meet my companies needs and am wondering if there is some documentation or notes on how to integrate CRM enties with the portal. Specifically, I want to have portal users open and review their Cases and Service Activities. The form for Leads is useful and does provide some guidance, but I wam wondering if there is some real documentation for doing this.

Gregory N. Brooks Secure Data Inc. gregory.brooks@securedatainc.com
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 2:18 PM

Answers

• Hi Gregory, generally the accelerators are provided "as is". All the documentation (instructions, videos, etc.) that might be available are on Codeplex, but usually there isn't much. The idea is that the source code and previous experience is sufficient to give partners or customer developers enough to go on to enhance the accelerator into a solution. Unfortunately, it's not a plug and play solution.

If you haven't got much previous experience extending CRM and developing a web application with .NET (like me!), then it's unlikely you're going to be able to implement a customer portal without some assistance from a partner or more experienced CRM developer.

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, July 22, 2010 9:31 PM
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Hi Gregory,

The developer should be able to find everything through the Accelerator and SDK documentation.  You can provide the developer with the link to the CRM Development forum for questions and the XRM Virtual Group might be helpful as well.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:01 PM

All replies

• Hi Gregory, generally the accelerators are provided "as is". All the documentation (instructions, videos, etc.) that might be available are on Codeplex, but usually there isn't much. The idea is that the source code and previous experience is sufficient to give partners or customer developers enough to go on to enhance the accelerator into a solution. Unfortunately, it's not a plug and play solution.

If you haven't got much previous experience extending CRM and developing a web application with .NET (like me!), then it's unlikely you're going to be able to implement a customer portal without some assistance from a partner or more experienced CRM developer.

Neil

Neil Benson, CRM Addict and MVP at Customery Ltd.You can reach me on LinkedIn or Twitter.

Thursday, July 15, 2010 3:29 PM
  • Understood. I am planning to bring in a developer to help with the customization. I am trying to gather all resources I can to get them (and me) up to speed so we can get this work done as quickly as possible.

Thanks.

Gregory N. Brooks Secure Data Inc. gregory.brooks@securedatainc.com
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 4:15 PM
  • Hi Gregory,

The developer should be able to find everything through the Accelerator and SDK documentation.  You can provide the developer with the link to the CRM Development forum for questions and the XRM Virtual Group might be helpful as well.

Regards, Donna

Windows Live Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010 4:01 PM