Acer Easystore H340 keeps rebooting - will not enter bios RRS feed

• Question

• I have an Acer Easystore H340 with WHS.  I cannot get into BIOS.  I have a video card installed and when it boots and I press F2, it says "entering setup" but then reboots.  Even if I do nothing it continues to reboot over and over again.  I purchased a new motherboard and it has the same issue.  I returned it and the place I bought it from says it tested out fine in another machine.  My machine sees all four 1TB drives.  I have tried removing the drives, and all of the cables - everything but the video card and the same thing happens.  I even disconnected the control panel after pressing the power on button and the same thing happens.  Without the video card, I never see the NIC port light up and that is what prompted me to buy the video card.  Can anyone help?  Thanks!

Bob

Friday, November 7, 2014 3:28 PM

All replies

• Hi,

unfortunately this seems to me like an hardware error, as you already imagined by trying a different motherboard - out of curiosity, where could you buy such a special mainboard for the Easystore H340? Eventually a capacitor in the power supply died or something like that. Nothing the forum can really help to solve.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, November 20, 2014 8:03 AM