Client shows backup status @ 97% RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all, got an issue where all of my client machines stall at 97% during a backup saying reorganizing data on the server.

However, the server (which I have a monitor attached to) shows the backup completed, also, the connector icon is then greyed out on all clients and when i look at the network from the server I have no connectivity.  It's as though the nic is is switched off
    if I then reboot my gigabit switch all returns to normal, the server streams high def recorded tv, music and my mkv movies will stream to multiple clients simultaneously no problem...  I have already replaced the switch, and have tried it successfully on a friends whs network without issue, so I know the switch is not the root cause of this.

This only occurs following any client being backed up???  And only started recently.

Clients:

2 x HTPC'S  win7 rc 7100
    1 x laptop    win7 rc 7100
    1 x laptop   Vista home premium
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 9:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,
    is the server self built or OEM?
    Seems to me, like the network interface card of the server has an issue. Maybe more up to date drivers will fix the behavior. Sometimes the onboard chips are not well performing with Windows Server OS.
    Check also the cabling.
    Eventually buy a separate network card with drivers for Windows Server 2003.
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 12:19 PM
  • Self built server which has been running without any issues for 6 months...

The correct drivers are installed and it streams HD movies no problem, Music no problem, have done system restores to machines no problem etc...  Just after a backup, the client that has just backed up shows 97% complete and no connection to the server?

About one week ago this issue appeared.  There have been no changes made to either hardware or software!!!

Sorry about the bold but just to clarify I have checked and double checked the obvious.

Al.

ps have tried it on the onboard 10/100 and it does the same.
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:49 PM
  • Self built server which has been running without any issues for 6 months...

The correct drivers are installed and it streams HD movies no problem, Music no problem, have done system restores to machines no problem etc...  Just after a backup, the client that has just backed up shows 97% complete and no connection to the server?

About one week ago this issue appeared.  There have been no changes made to either hardware or software!!!

Sorry about the bold but just to clarify I have checked and double checked the obvious.

Al.

ps have tried it on the onboard 10/100 and it does the same.

What about changing the network cable attached to the server?  Have you run chkdsk /r on each drive in the server?
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 3:58 PM
  • Have changed cables etc and ran Ken Warrens checkall.cmd no problems found.

Just removed all connector installs from clients and reinstalled. Two out of three tested now work, so I think it's in the connector somewhere.

Ran the toolkit and  the one that is still causing problems is reporting the wrong version of connector software, however they have all been downloaded from :55000 just as before... these are all running 7 rc 7100

Console 6.0.2030.2

Connector 6.0.2030.2
    Saturday, August 22, 2009 4:30 PM