Methods of Gaining Genuine Windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I just updated my computer using windows update and now have messages telling me my windows xp professional is not genuine. I read the methods of making it genuine and didnt do any of those.

Ive just odrered a retail copy of windows XP pro with SP/2 from ebuyer, costing a bloody bomb! but then i really should have a genuine copy where i cant go wrong. The copy of windows current was installed by a friend when i needed to change a hard disk, obviously a dodgey one not realised till now!

Time to own my own copy then! When it is recieved, can i just insert in the CD and put the genuine copy on or will i have to backup/format my pc to get the best results or for it to work in general?

Im assuming this is another option of gettine genuine windows other than those shown, the question is will this work?! and also will he have installed a genuine copy of office hmmmm... i havnt had any messages regarding that so im assuming its fine. If not my bank balence will be returning to its usual low state, bloody software :(

Thanks for any feedback

Stu!

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:07 PM

Answers

• Thanks very much, now all i have to do is wait for it to be delivered. Im assuming Windows is fine up until then still with all this 'Your Windows Is Not Genuine' messages.

Thanks

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:07 AM

All replies

• Using your new and genuine Windows XP Professsional CD and Product Key, you'll need to perform a "Repair Install".

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm  

Sunday, May 21, 2006 7:39 PM
  • Thanks very much, now all i have to do is wait for it to be delivered. Im assuming Windows is fine up until then still with all this 'Your Windows Is Not Genuine' messages.

Thanks

Monday, May 22, 2006 9:07 AM