Cannot install on Windows Server 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• I think Win2003 is the most useful server os who has amount of users.
    I have a lot of files on my  Win2003 server, but I cannot install mesh on it.
    It got a error(800200005).

So how to install mesh on Windows Server 2003, otherwise it would not support this OS?
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Live Mesh does not currently support any Server SKUs (though this is a popular request).  That's not to say that customers shouldn't feel free to talk about their experiences with Server installs ... just that those scenarios are not officially supported.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:20 PM

All replies

• I noticed that Server 2003 was not listed as a compatible OS when I downloaded the beta, but decided to give it a try anyway.  I installed Mesh on SBS2003 without incident.  Works like a charm.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 4:29 PM
  • Hi,

Live Mesh does not currently support any Server SKUs (though this is a popular request).  That's not to say that customers shouldn't feel free to talk about their experiences with Server installs ... just that those scenarios are not officially supported.

Thanks,

Ben.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 7:20 PM
  •  
    Steve Pulfrey said:

I noticed that Server 2003 was not listed as a compatible OS when I downloaded the beta, but decided to give it a try anyway.  I installed Mesh on SBS2003 without incident.  Works like a charm.

I had been using it on SBS2003 since the CTP. It also installed and worked well, but after one of the later CTP builds, it stopped working (always get the "Live Mesh failed to Start" message). This still happens when it upgraded to the Beta version.
    Maybe I will try completing removing it and re-installing the Beta.
    Thursday, November 6, 2008 10:57 PM