How to give path in shell command to run an application RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm trying to call windows application using shell script in crm 2011 on premise. When i give local system path in jscript web resource its working fine in local system but not in any other system.

function resume()
    {
    var _Object=new ActiveXObject( "WScript.Shell" ) ;
    _Object.Run("C:\\ResumeGrab\\ResumeGrab.exe" );
    }

When i try to give server path its not executing in any system. Help me solving this issue so that user will be able to run the application from any system. This is how i have given server path,

\\192.168.0.100\BackBone_Profile\ResumeGrab

Madhu Sudhan.M

Monday, August 13, 2012 9:54 AM

All replies

• Hey Madhu,

What browser and version are you using? Try loading your browser's developer tools (usually hitting the F12 button will activate it). Check to see if any errors are occurring. The browser may be blocking you from using ActiveX objects in the way that you're using it here for security reasons.

You may want to reconsider your design as most browsers frown upon this kind of behavior. There are probably better ways of achieving a solution to your business problem.

Anthony D. Mays

Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:32 PM
  • Tuesday, July 9, 2013 8:34 PM
  • Try to upload ur EXE somewere on the web , may be CRM Server , if its on the internet and use that path to execute it from your script

Vilas Magar http://microsoftcrmworld.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, July 10, 2013 7:28 AM