One click call problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have the follow problem, When I try to make a call using "click to call" fox example to make a call to a cell phone number (right button to the contact drop down the phones list and select it) the communicator answer me "Call not completed or has ended".

All the contact's phone numbers are normalized and wrote in User's properties from AD.

Viewing the gateway's log, I see that the mediation server sent to the GW the number normalized with out any changes, so it's not applying any translation rules that was created in the Location Profile. In addition, if I write the same cell phone on the search bar, OC apply the translation rules and then it make the call successfully because Mediation server sent to the GW the tranlated number.

My cuestion is: What I have to correct in my configuration for make "click to call" and then, the Medition send to the GW the traslated number.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 1:53 PM

All replies

•  

In addition, I found that if I go to Outlook, GAL contact list, select one contact, right button, call, cell phone, Communicator make the call susscessfuly.

Viewing the GW's log, I see that the Mediation sent to GW the cell phone number translated

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 4:36 PM
  • Did you ever get a resolution for this?  I have the exact some issue.

All numbers are loaded in AD in e.164 format, and it is only the right-click in Communciator that does not work ... Outlook contacts (even the SAME contacts as in Communicator) work fine.

What is the difference between a one-click call in Outlook contacts, and a one-click call in the Communicator client?  And why does typing it into the call bar work but clicking it not?

I turned on logging to the event log for Communicator, and the error is:

A SIP request made by Communicator failed in an unexpected manner (status code 80ef01f4).

Event ID: 11

Ms-diagnostics: 10000;source="fqdn of server";reason="Gateway returned a SIP failure code";component="MediationServer";SipResponseCode="500";SipResponseText="Internal Server Error";GatewayFqdn="x.x.x.x"

This is just weirdness!

Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:40 AM
  • Yes, I found the solution.

The One click to call shows the normalized number by ABS and outlook shows the normalized number by rules created on the location profile

If you put a not normalized number in the Telephone Number box of the user's AD properties you have to create a rule that normalize it to a E.164 format. After that you can force a sync between the ABS and AD o you can wait until the next scheduled sync.

Regards.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 3:11 PM
  • Thanks for that ... been trying to figure out what the difference is!

Interestingly, the numbers in our AD are all in e.164 format, +6421123456 so theoretically they are already in the right format to be used.

At least I have something to go digging for!

Thanks

Thursday, November 8, 2007 6:26 PM
  • Another strange thing ... I can one-click call on my own name but not anyone else's.

Very strange.

Thursday, November 8, 2007 7:28 PM