My computer is running extremely slow and i don't know where to begin RRS feed

• Question

• So i know there are probably thousands of posts about this (I mean of course there are), but that's also the problem. I don't know where to even begin looking for an answer and I'm hoping i can receive some help. I have a compaq presario cq50 that's running windows vista 32 bit operating system. Now I'm not new to computers but at the same time im not very computer literate. I have process explorer and have seen some of the videos that are on the sysinternals page and it helped but only to a certain amount. I see that my system idle process is taking up anywhere between 40 to almost 90 percent of my cpu. On top of which I have no Idea what process are necessary for running my laptop, and on top of that i also don't know which programs in msconfig for start up that i dont need. as well as programs that i should uninstall to take up less space. I'm confused and all I want to do is A) make my computer run fast, and B) I want to learn more about computers anyways so that one day my daughter will be extremely proficient with them as well as myself. I know i might be asking for alot but is there anyone out there can help me? I mean, heck! I don't even know if I'm posting this in the right forum category! 
    • Moved by Mr. Wharty Friday, July 19, 2013 5:51 AM Not a Training and Certification question
    Friday, July 19, 2013 4:28 AM

Answers