Setting up email router on CRM 2013 after migration from CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I'm currently in the process of doing my first migration of CRM 2011 to CRM 2013. So far, it's gone pretty well but I've become stuck on the email router.

I know there's new features in CRM 2013 like Server-Side Sync but, for now, I just want to replicate what was there before. Once we've evaluated the environment, then I'll start to implement the new stuff.

As I say, the environment has been successfully migrated. I've installed the CRM email router on the front end box and set the email router up exactly as it was done on the CRM 2011 system. I've gone into 'Users, Queues and Forward Mailboxes', loaded the data successfully, selected a user with an outgoing profile, clicked 'Test Access' and got a 'Succeeded' from it.

However, when I select the same user in CRM and try to send a direct mail to another user's email address, it just sits there with a status of 'Pending Send'. I've had a look around some of the settings in CRM but I just can't get the email to send.

Has anyone got any tips?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 10:26 AM

Answers

• It was the Exchange server not set up correctly. All is working now.
    • Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Monday, November 3, 2014 2:52 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:52 PM

All replies

• hi Jon,

could you please check if the user has been approved to send email?.

an on the user form, double check if his outgoing mail is set to email router?.

regards

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:00 AM
  • Hi Jithesh,

Thanks for responding. During my testing, all the user accounts I'm using have had their email addresses approved by clicking on the 'Approve Email' link at the top of their user records. I've also gone into each user's mailbox and checked their outgoing email settings are 'Server Side Sync or Email Router'.

My first attempt at an email just sat with a 'Pending Send' status and, going in to the email, it said 'This message has not yet been submitted for delivery.' - it sat like this since late yesterday afternoon and was certainly like this when I came in to work this morning. I've tried changing a few small things today and now it's changed to 'This message has not yet been submitted for delivery. x attempts have been made so far.' - I suppose this means that it's actually trying to pass the email to the router?

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:27 AM
  • looks like it is trying t co reach the server.

could you please try to enable tracing on email router and see if it shows any further messages?.

it is worth looking into the event viewer also.

http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/2862024/en-au

Jithesh

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 11:46 AM
  • Hi Jon,

Check whether SMTP / Exchange Server Services are running or not..? SMTP/Exchange Services should be in running state to send email.

Check whether EMail Router services are running or not..?

Once restart the services needed along with CRM services.

Prudveen D If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

• Edited by Prudween Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:09 PM
    Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:05 PM
  • Hi both,

Thanks. There's quite a few entries in the Event Viewer concerning errors on MSCRMEmail - it looks like the one that's relevant is:

#61042 - An error occurred while processing the outgoing email message with subject "Test message" for SMTP: https:/********* for delivery through ***********. System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

It's also started to receive email messages in now.

I've checked the services on the front end box. From experience, I usually restart the Email Router service whenever I publish changes to the set up so I know that's OK but I can't find SMTP/Exchange Server Services - I'm assuming that this is because the email server is on a different machine and, as CRM 2011 is successfully talking to this server, I think this is probably working.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 12:19 PM
  • Hope there was a problem with SMTP server settings, it didnt accept connections. Kindly re-configure SMTP server and also E-Mail Router 

As per my knowledge E-mail router will act as an bridge between CRM and SMTP.

Prudveen D If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 1:04 PM
  • It was the Exchange server not set up correctly. All is working now.
    • Marked as answer by Jon_Evans Monday, November 3, 2014 2:52 PM
    Monday, November 3, 2014 2:52 PM
  • Hi Jon

I am struggling with the same issue. We also upgraded CRM from version 2011 to 2013. Everything else works fine as you described it in your post - the test in the Email Router Configuration Manager also passes. But when sending an email through CRM it fails. I can see in the even viewer on the CRM server (Email Router is installed on the same server) that MSCRMEmail throws AuthenticationException - The remote certificate is invalid.

How did you resolve the problem. Can you please share the solution.

My Environment:

• CRM 2013 SP1 with https configured on windows server 2012 r2
    • Using Email Router with Exchange 2013 (SMTP)

Thanks

Wednesday, July 8, 2015 10:38 AM