Website classifed on the wrong Region RRS feed

• Question

• My website is being classified as "Region"US this is even if the language data shows that there is not a single word in English on the site, which is clearly of no interest for the US market.

How do I change that? The "Region" field
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 5:43 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Currently there is not a way to directly change the region. You could try adding a language meta tag to your page headers. That has worked for other people.

Brett

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:31 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Currently there is not a way to directly change the region. You could try adding a language meta tag to your page headers. That has worked for other people.

Brett

Tuesday, December 30, 2008 7:31 PM
  • Well it does not work for me, I have had the language meta tags in place for over two years. In addition there isn't a single word in English on the site.

<meta http-equiv="content-language" content="ca">

Wednesday, December 31, 2008 12:18 PM
  • I have just the opposite problem.  My site is categorized as language EN (correct), but REGION as ES (obviously wrong, I'm in US).  I have no clue how it was determined that I was "targeting" the ES region, since all my stuff is in English, not even any foreign quotes that I recall.  I'm really frustrated because there appears to be no recourse when your site is mis-region-ized.  So the vast majority of readers who live where I do -- and with whom I can actually communicate -- will ignore me because they think I'm targeting Spain?  Arrrgh.

I've added additional geo, content, language, etc. headers.  Maybe that will make a difference, whenever I get crawled again.
    Tuesday, May 12, 2009 12:08 AM