Sysprep not working with Volume License Number RRS feed

• Question

• We have a volume license for Windows XP Service Pack 2.

The following SysPrep.inf file works on all of our laptops and desktops except this one specific model:

;SetupMgrTag
    [Unattended]
        InstallFilesPath=C:\sysprep\i386
        OemSkipEula = Yes

[GuiUnattended]
        OEMSkipRegional = 1
        OemSkipWelcome = 1

[LicenseFilePrintData]
        AutoMode = PerSeat

[SetupMgr]
        DistFolder=C:\sysprep\i386
        DistShare=windist

[Networking]

[UserData]
        FullName = ""
        OrgName = ""
        ProductKey = "XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX"

I have tried removing the ;SetupMgrTag at the top. I tried hand-coding it and more. It is just not working with Sysprep. Also, what I am trying to achieve is for the Full Name and Org Name to be automatically filed in so all I have to do is manually name the computer, select the time zone and join it to the domain. For this, I also tried putting in info in the Full Name field and the Org Name field as:

FullName="John Doe"

OrgName ="Company"

What am I doing wrong here? The original Sysprep.inf file included on this laptop model works but updated ones don't. I even downloaded the updated Deploy.cab file online for Service Pack 2. It still won't automatically register the Volume ProductKey and result in me having to manually enter it in on the Mini-Setup Wizard.

Help!

• Moved by Don Pattee Wednesday, March 25, 2009 11:00 PM XP (Moved from Windows HPC Server Deployment, Management, and Administration to Off-Topic Posts (Do Not Post Here))
    Tuesday, June 17, 2008 3:18 PM

Answers