none
How to access all my threads?

General discussion

• I need to access my previous threads. When I go into My Threads - there are only a few threads listed - last 60 days - but I need to access threads much older than that.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

Thanks

Leon C Stanley - - Aussie boy. Don't worry about history. Last 60 days is enough. Blindly trust what present day gurus say ? ! ^^ :-)

Monday, February 3, 2014 2:49 AM

All replies

• How did you code?

ASP.NET Forum
    Other Discussion Forums
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report
    Free Tech Books Search

He is talking about the threads that we posted answers on. Not programming type threads.   :)

EDIT : I see mine only goes back about 60 days also. I think it went back further though. I don`t remember.

• Edited by IronRazerz Monday, February 3, 2014 3:11 AM
    Monday, February 3, 2014 3:07 AM
  • How did you code?

ASP.NET Forum
    Other Discussion Forums
    FreeRice Donate
    Issues to report
    Free Tech Books Search

Hi,

I think He is referring for the threads history

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:16 AM
  • I need to access my previous threads. When I go into My Threads - there are only a few threads listed - last 60 days - but I need to access threads much older than that.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

AFAICT you can't.   Vote here:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/597b4a9d-1ca8-49be-9aac-dbaf0419bafc/my-threads-add-the-option-to-show-over-60-days?forum=suggest

Monday, February 3, 2014 3:36 AM
  • Thanks Acamar

That link you sent is what I was after. If I had access to my threads I would have found a reference to that feedback forum - just what I was after. My memory is not that great - and I rely on past threads all the time.

I agree with your comment in that feed-back thread. If volume of threads becomes too great -  they should limit them to a reasonable number - not number of days. Even better would be to give us the option of deleting threads we no longer want ourselves.

Leon C Stanley - - Aussie boy. Don't worry about history. Last 60 days is enough. Blindly trust what present day gurus say ? ! ^^ :-)

• Edited by LeonCS Monday, February 3, 2014 3:56 AM
    Monday, February 3, 2014 3:56 AM
  • This thread has effectively been killed - by its being moved prematurely to this dead forum. Please return it back to the Visual basic forum - where a community of people have a chance to view it over a couple of days - and maybe contribute to discussion. This is a Visual Basic issue. It belongs in the visual basic forum where I started it.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 10:01 AM
  •  I agree with that for sure. This is what quite a few forums do. They give the user the choice to remove ones they don`t care to keep and save the ones that have importance to the user. After seeing this thread and looking back threw my threads it really sucks!!! This 60 day thing cuts off many of the threads that i liked to go back to for reference for myself and for giving to others for reference. As already said, the search tool is worthless for finding them unless you pretty much know the exact title and approx. date of the thread.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:25 AM
  • This thread has effectively been killed - by its being moved prematurely to this dead forum. Please return it back to the Visual basic forum - where a community of people have a chance to view it over a couple of days - and maybe contribute to discussion. This is a Visual Basic issue. It belongs in the visual basic forum where I started it.

I also would like to know why this is moved here where nobody will see it. I have seen many other discussions that get left on the forum that are similar. Please give everyone a chance to read this and vote or at least give suggestions.
    Tuesday, February 4, 2014 11:31 AM
  • Hi,
    This thread has effectively been killed - by its being moved prematurely to this dead forum. Please return it back to the Visual basic forum - where a community of people have a chance to view it over a couple of days - and maybe contribute to discussion. This is a Visual Basic issue. It belongs in the visual basic forum where I started it.

I can assure you, this isn't a dead forum. That being said, the reason (I'm assuming at least) that this thread was moved here was simply because this issue is related to the forums platform rather than actually being a Visual Basic question/discussion. I would probably have rather seen it moved it to the Suggestions forum (where I started the thread that Acamar linked to above), but this forum is also relevant for this type of thread.

You can do what I do for bringing attention to threads that live in forums other than the ones you frequent - add a link to the thread as your signature. That way every single time you post you can bring attention to something without even having to mention it.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 12,575+ strong and growing)

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 2:08 PM
  • No, there is good reason why - out of respect to those who participate in the forums - that their threads should not be rudely shoved about by moderators. If it was left for a couple of days - then moved - - it would not be considered rude - unless it developed into a raging discussion.

There was a time when there were many raging discussions in the VB forum. That was a sign of a healthy forum. The discussions were seldom technically on topic - but they are important for the general health of the forum. That is because the most important thing about a forum is the people who participate in them - not the subject - the subject is secondary. And people are personal beings. By undermining the personal element you are undermining the health of the forum.

Wednesday, February 5, 2014 10:06 AM
  • In the forum the interface I like the most (www.UniversalThread.com) a user has an option to move threads into Read bucket and even option to automatically move them after opening a thread. Although I don't use that option myself and right now my number shows 28612 messages. I will be able to retrieve them all, although only last year will come by default (but I have an option to filter by different years).

In addition, a user can create folders and save messages in the folders.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:04 PM
  • I agree that it was a correct decision to move this thread here (or as Mike said, 'Forum's Suggestions & Feedback' forum may be even a better choice). It has nothing to do with VB.NET so why should it stay in developer's forum?

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:06 PM
  • Leon,

It is a valid opinion, but I think MS forums are not designed like this and threads in the forums should be on the point. There is no 'Chatter' forum here.

However, if you would like to have a chat with many developers on different topics (Politics, News, Entertainment, Sports, Literature or just Chatter), then I invite you to www.UniversalThread.com forum. It has a special Chatter forum with all these Categories, so you can chat to your heart's desire.

My blog

My TechNet articles

Thursday, February 6, 2014 5:08 PM
  • Time is too precious to be involved in 'chatter' forums. My interest lies in VB, and as an added bonus to the excellent VB info and knowledge, it is great to see the occasional thread that blows up into and interesting discussion. These never detract from the overall subject of VB.

Friday, February 7, 2014 8:07 AM
  • That may be your view of the forums but I am willing to wager that the vast majority of people would prefer them to remain on topic.

Please do not read this sentence. Please ignore the previous sentence.

Friday, February 7, 2014 2:39 PM
  • I agree with Kamin. 

My blog

My TechNet articles

Friday, February 7, 2014 4:07 PM
  • Dear Naomi

The 'majority' is seldom correct.

Love from Leon

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 8:21 AM