90 day free trail ending after only 15 days??? Need help until until the ordered subscription comes in RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded OneCare on my home PC on June 26th.  The sugested 90 day free trial is reporting expiring in 5 days, and as much as I ordered a retail version on-line, I have not recieved it yet (and more than likely will not for about 10 days) and I would expect that the 90 day offer would be valid.  Please help

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 4:41 PM

Answers

• If you had previously installed the trial software on that PC, a reinstall will net you 15 days. If your retail copy does not arrive in time before the trial expires, you can reinstall it and get another 15 days. Even if it expires, your protection will still be enabled, though some functions will be disabled.

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:01 PM

All replies

• If you had previously installed the trial software on that PC, a reinstall will net you 15 days. If your retail copy does not arrive in time before the trial expires, you can reinstall it and get another 15 days. Even if it expires, your protection will still be enabled, though some functions will be disabled.

-steve

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 5:01 PM
  • This was a freash install on the PC in question (had Norton installed prior to this).  I will go ahead and wait to see if the ordered version comes in prior to the expiration, otherwise I will re-install to make sure I am covered for the additional time.  Thank you,

Dale

Tuesday, July 8, 2008 7:25 PM
  • This wasn't an install from a CD, was it? Because that would also net a 15 day trial period. Another thing to check would the the PC date and time.

If something was set incorrectly on the downloaded setup file, I'd expect may more people to report the 15 day problem. However, it is still possible that the problem is/was server side.

-steve

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 3:05 PM