Built-in Add-ins crash RRS feed

• Question

• All built in add ins except “Home” must be disabled before the Dashboard will start.  If any one of them is enabled the Dashboard will not start.  Opening the dashboard in safe mode the status of any previously Enabled Add-in shows as Crash Detected.

Does any fix exist that will not compromise my valued data?

Many thanks in advance. Stephen

Sunday, April 12, 2015 3:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Stephen,

Please check if there is any error or failure in the Event Viewer.

In addition, since the add-ins cause the dashboard crashed, please go to the folder "C:\Program Files\Windows Server\Bin\Addins" and you will find folders for each add-in. Please open each directory and check if the 3-party add-in file causes this issue.

For more detailed information, please refer to thhis article:

Issue with Dashboard Opening

If there is anything else regarding this issue, please feel free to post back.

Best Regards,

Anna Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, April 13, 2015 8:24 AM
  • Hi Anna

Thank you for responding.  I have just enabled all the built-in add-ins and tried to start the Dashboard.  As expected it would not start and on refreshing the Event Viewer I am seeing 3 instances of Event ID 1000 Application Error and 3 instances of Event ID 1026 .NET Runtime.  I have looked in the Add_in directories and in every one only one relevant .addin file exists.  Note that my problem is happening with all but the Home built-in add-ins, no third party add-ins have been installed.

Regrettably I am no further forward in resolving this issue.  Can you offer any further advice.

Kind regards, 

Stephen

Thursday, April 16, 2015 12:35 PM
  • Are you trying to open the dashboard from a PC, the server, or both fail?

Grey

Friday, April 24, 2015 11:43 PM