none
Side loading a Custom Add In disappears after I close the Windows Store from Outlook RRS feed

• Question

• Very perplexing

I am developing an Outlook Add-In to open a pane from a button on the compose email window.

I have loaded into a test account on outlook.com, and it works perfectly.

When I go to side-load the add into Outlook Desktop (by loading the manifest XML directly by file), the system accepts it.

However, when I close the Microsoft Add-In Store window, the add-in is not in the compose email, AND when I go manage my add-ins, the manifest I loaded is not there.

The add-in is designed to fetch all icons and iFrame HTML from a web-server hosted on AWS.  

A couple of notes

1. The system does not reject my add-in.

2. The add-in works perfectly on Outlook.com.

3. I assume the add-in is being hard-deleted by the app for some reason?  If there is a way to troubleshoot these issues from Outlook, I would love to know.  This is my first outlook application (generally a mobile developer).

4. The same issue happens for Outlook for Mac Desktop as it does Outlook for PC Desktop.

Please help!

Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:08 PM

All replies

• Hello Alex Holman,

This forum(Outlook for developers) is for development issues related to Outlook Object Model and I think your issue is more related to Office-Addins developed by Office JavaScript API. According to the top stick thread

Post Outlook Add-ins questions to StackOverflow. on this forum ,I would suggest you post your issue on StackOverflow and for current thread, I will move it to Off-Topic forum.

Thanks for understanding,

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, June 6, 2018 2:00 AM