Firewall blocking access to myspace pic pages RRS feed

• Question

•  

When I am viewing the picture pages on Myspace, even my own, I am only able to view the first and sometimes second page, then I get the "Internet Explorer Cannot Display Webpage" error. My connection is fine and I can access other pages on the net. I have deleted all temp files, cookies, and browsing history. It does work when I turn off the firewall.
    Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:27 PM

Answers

• OneCare's firewall should have no effect on the display of pictures on a web page unless that web page is using an application on your PC or some strange protocol or port to display them, but then it would *never* be able to display if that program were blocked. However, since you are not having the problem when you turn off the OneCare firewall, I suspect that you may have some other security software active that may be causing a conflict and therefore a slowdown in the connection. I recommend that you contact support for help on this.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:40 PM

All replies

• OneCare's firewall should have no effect on the display of pictures on a web page unless that web page is using an application on your PC or some strange protocol or port to display them, but then it would *never* be able to display if that program were blocked. However, since you are not having the problem when you turn off the OneCare firewall, I suspect that you may have some other security software active that may be causing a conflict and therefore a slowdown in the connection. I recommend that you contact support for help on this.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Thursday, July 3, 2008 5:40 PM
  • The first thing OneCare isn't as good as mircosoft say's it is. I stall get virus and OneCare can't pick up. I update my software two time a day. You need to System Suite 8 professional or AVG software. OneCare is over rated by Microsoft and it well remove software you need ans stall didn't the virus. For time I used redo computer because what OneCare let in my computer. Microsoft should give me back all the money I paid for it and alot more. Redoing computers is no fun and cost lots of time. Microsoft know it's no good  because when it say remove software like SystemSuite 8 Professional and AVG anti virus  and norton's because you well find that  OneCare well not pick up all the virus and others do.

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:01 PM
  •  thomas frederick wrote:

The first thing OneCare isn't as good as mircosoft say's it is. I stall get virus and OneCare can't pick up. I update my software two time a day. You need to System Suite 8 professional or AVG software. OneCare is over rated by Microsoft and it well remove software you need ans stall didn't the virus. For time I used redo computer because what OneCare let in my computer. Microsoft should give me back all the money I paid for it and alot more. Redoing computers is no fun and cost lots of time. Microsoft know it's no good  because when it say remove software like SystemSuite 8 Professional and AVG anti virus  and norton's because you well find that  OneCare well not pick up all the virus and others do.

No antivirus product is perfect, and that includes OneCare, as well as Norton, Mcafee, and AVG.  

If you are using Windows Live OneCare and you have been infected, but OneCare did not detect or cannot remove the malware, please contact support to report this and for help with removal.

If you are in North America, you can call 866-727-2338 for help with virus and spyware infections. See http://www.microsoft.com/protect/support/default.mspx  for details.  For international information, see your local subsidiary Support site.

-steve

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:27 PM