none
PerformCleanUp clean all the metadata even the RetentionInDays = 30 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

My code is like this:

SqlSyncStoreMetadataCleanup metadataCleanup = new SqlSyncStoreMetadataCleanup(new SqlConnection(item.ConnectionString),
                        null,
                        schemaPrefix,
                        intentionDays); //intentionDays = 30
                    metadataCleanup.CommandTimeout = 1800;
                    metadataCleanup.PerformCleanup();

But all the metadata was be clean with sync_row_is_tombstone = 1, including the records with the last_change_time < 30d,

Thanks a lot

Get reply from social.microsoft

Monday, July 30, 2012 2:44 AM

All replies

• can you confirm the SQL statement being run by Sync Fx using SQL Profiler?
    Monday, July 30, 2012 1:49 PM
  • June,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

There are more than 300,000 records in the RBOTransactionPaymentTrans_tracking table with Sync_row_is_tombstone = 1

And the last_change_datetime of  the most records is 2012-06-12, the local_update_peer_timeStamp of the last one record at 2012-06-12 is 33604752

the last_change_datetime of the some records is 2012-07-30, the local_update_timestamp of the last one record at 2012-07-30 is 36599963

But when I execute the PerformCleanup with IntentionDays = 30, all the records are cleanup.

The SQL statement I got by SQL Profiler:

declare @p4 bigint
    set @p4=NULL
    exec sp_executesql N'SELECT @maxTS = MAX([local_update_peer_timestamp]) FROM [POSSync].[RBOTRANSACTIONPAYMENTTRANS_tracking] WHERE DATEDIFF(dd, [last_change_datetime], GETDATE()) >= @retInDays AND [local_update_peer_timestamp] <= @upperBoundTS AND [sync_row_is_tombstone] = 1;',N'@retInDays int,@maxTS bigint output,@upperBoundTS bigint',@retInDays=30,@maxTS=@p4 output,@upperBoundTS=38500546
    select @p4
    go

declare @p4 bigint
    set @p4=37107241
    exec sp_executesql N'SELECT @maxTS = MAX([local_update_peer_timestamp]) FROM [POSSync].[RBOTRANSACTIONPAYMENTTRANS_tracking] WHERE DATEDIFF(dd, [last_change_datetime], GETDATE()) >= @retInDays AND [local_update_peer_timestamp] <= @upperBoundTS AND [sync_row_is_tombstone] = 1;',N'@retInDays int,@maxTS bigint output,@upperBoundTS bigint',@retInDays=30,@maxTS=@p4 output,@upperBoundTS=38500546
    select @p4
    go

exec sp_executesql N'DECLARE @rows int;BEGIN TRANSACTION
    DELETE top(100000) FROM [POSSync].[RBOTRANSACTIONPAYMENTTRANS_tracking] WHERE [local_update_peer_timestamp] <= @upperBoundTS AND [sync_row_is_tombstone] = 1
    SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    SELECT @rows',N'@retInDays int,@upperBoundTS bigint',@retInDays=30,@upperBoundTS=38164228
    go

DELETE top(100000) FROM [POSSync].[RBOTRANSACTIONPAYMENTTRANS_tracking] WHERE [local_update_peer_timestamp] <= @upperBoundTS AND [sync_row_is_tombstone] = 1
    SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    SELECT @rows',N'@retInDays int,@upperBoundTS bigint',@retInDays=30,@upperBoundTS=38164228
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

SET @rows = @@ROWCOUNT;
    COMMIT TRANSACTION
    go

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 4:11 AM
  • I decompile the code,

I found that the @upperBoundTS for the delete statement is the max value between 
    ForgottenKnowledge.FindMinTickCountForReplica(handler.ScopeSyncId)) and the value from 

SELECT @maxTS = MAX([local_update_peer_timestamp]) FROM [POSSync].[RBOTRANSACTIONPAYMENTTRANS_tracking] WHERE DATEDIFF(dd, [last_change_datetime], GETDATE()) >= @retInDays AND [local_update_peer_timestamp] <= @upperBoundTS AND [sync_row_is_tombstone] = 1

So I am worry about there is something wrong with the ForgottenKnowledge

The database is restored from a site, and I execute "PerformPostRestoreFixup". why it still not work?

But when I de_provision the database and provision it, "PerformCleanup" works well.

what is wrong with "PerformPostRestoreFixup", it should update the Tickcount for the ForgottenKnowledge.

Thanks,

Abby

Friday, August 10, 2012 3:12 AM
  • have you done a comparison of the upperBoundTS  when doing a performcleanup before and after a post restore fixup?
    Friday, August 10, 2012 7:56 AM
  • I didn't do it.

You think the post restore fixup does not work??

But even we know the post restore fixup not work, what can I do?

Any way, I will do some test on it.

Thanks a lot,

Abby

Friday, August 10, 2012 8:09 AM
  • i just dont have the exact environment to replicate your issue :)

right now, post restore is looking to be the culprit, so a quick test on your side might help isolate the issue instead of groping on the cleanup and restore codes...

Friday, August 10, 2012 9:02 AM