none
CRM 2016 Blank Currency Field

Question

• I have a entity that has the transaction currency mapped from the record it is created from. I also have 3 currency reference fields that are used as reference for certain decimal field used in reports.

The issue I have is I cannot save the record unless all currency fields have something in them. I don't want to force a currency since it may not be relevant.

Is there someway to turn off the system checking for empty currency fields.

Friday, April 07, 2017 1:42 PM

All replies

• Are you trying to create the record from Form or from plugin/workflow?

Make sure that above mentioned fields are not mandatory and check for any plugin or workflow validations which breaks save.

If you are trying to update money fields without currency it may break. Populate currency and then add money values and this should solve the issue.

Ramanathan Rajendran MCTS - Dynamics CRM
    https://exptechsolutions.blogspot.com/
    www.linkedin.com/in/ramanathan-rajendran
    Sunday, April 09, 2017 4:54 AM
  • Sorry for the delay I was pulled to another project.

The records was one that was imported from an earlier version of CRM. There are 4 currency fields on the form. # custom currency fields and the transaction currency supplied by the system.

There are some money fields filled in and others are empty.

When I make a change to anything not specifically the money fields it jumps to the first currency field and if I fill that one in it goes to the next until all have been filled in. I don't want to force the currency into the custom fields as they are for reference purposes and most likely won't be the same currency as the transaction currency.

The thing is this is not an issue in earlier CRM's and I just want to know if I can shut off currency checking.

Thursday, April 13, 2017 9:04 PM
  • All money fields are dependent on the OOB currency field by default. 

Is there any custom logic running behind like business rules or JavaScript?

If possible, provide a screenshot and error message.

Ramanathan Rajendran MCTS - Dynamics CRM https://exptechsolutions.blogspot.com/ www.linkedin.com/in/ramanathan-rajendran

Friday, April 14, 2017 12:45 AM
  • Hey,

Looks like those fields are set to mandatory (with a red star next to fields' label). If yes, set them to either business recommended or optional.

Jugal Kishore Dandamudi.

Friday, April 14, 2017 9:12 AM
  • They are not manditory fields. In crm 2011 there was not this issue only when I went through the upgrade process to CRM 365.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:03 PM
  • There is no error message all that happens is the save doesn't complete and it puts the cursor in the first currency field.

I am beginning to think that this is a design flaw with the inherint mandatory currency not knowing which currency is the transaction currency and which are custom added fields.

Thursday, April 20, 2017 1:10 PM