Currency entity to Duplicate Record entity RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

In our Dev CRM, I noticed that there are two system created relationships between the Currency entity and Duplicate Record entity.  This is causing customization import errors when we export the CRM customizations from DEV and attempt to import into QA.  These relationships don't exist in QA and I am not quite sure how they are created in DEV in the first place.  We recently had to remove update rollup 11 from DEV because we were having issues with it and I am wondering if that could be the cause.   The details of the relationships are as follows:

Schema Name                                                             Primary Entity           Related Entity           Type of Behavior       Field Name                     State                  

transactioncurrency_DuplicateBaseRecord                     currency                      Duplicate Record          System                      Base Reocrd ID                Unmanaged

transactioncurrency_DuplicateMatchingRecord               currency                      Duplicate Record          System                      Duplicate Reocrd ID         Unmanaged

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:30 PM

Answers

• Damn; it's protected (verified in a CRM Org here).

In the short term, you can hack the relationship out of the Solution exported from dev:

1. Extract zip file contents
    2. Edit customizations.xml
    3. Search for relationship(s) by name
    4. Delete the nodes
    5. Zip contents back up
    6. Import

But obviously that is not a sustainable (or desirable) solution.

--pogo (pat) @ pogo69.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by fifo123 Friday, January 25, 2013 11:18 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:24 AM

All replies

• Hi pogo69,

Very close, however I can't unselect the "Duplicate Detection" checkbox for the currency entity(transactioncurrency).  It's grayed out.  Any way to enable it?

Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:58 PM
  • Damn; it's protected (verified in a CRM Org here).

In the short term, you can hack the relationship out of the Solution exported from dev:

1. Extract zip file contents
    2. Edit customizations.xml
    3. Search for relationship(s) by name
    4. Delete the nodes
    5. Zip contents back up
    6. Import

But obviously that is not a sustainable (or desirable) solution.

• Marked as answer by fifo123 Friday, January 25, 2013 11:18 PM
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 2:24 AM
  • How about using the "DisassociateRequest" message to remove the relationship via code?  You think that will work?
    Thursday, January 17, 2013 3:32 PM
  • Disassociate removes a link between Entity instances; it has no effect on Relationships between Entity types.  To remove relationships, you would use:

DeleteRelationshipRequest

To add same (in this case 1:N):

CreateOneToManyRequest

This may not be allowed with the Duplicate Record entity given its "special" purpose and its link to the 'Enable duplicate detection' Entity metadata attribute.

I tried to update the setting on the Currency entity via code (given that it is disabled in the UI) but it errorred, so no help there.

Friday, January 18, 2013 1:55 AM
  • Thanks.  I went with solution of extracting the zip file contents and deleting the customizations.xml file to remove the r/ships.
    Friday, January 25, 2013 11:18 PM