none
licensing RRS feed

• Question

• I have used this program for a couple of years.  Somehow I got an issue, it says;  "A licensing initialation error has occured.  Please contact customer support"  Error 0x004D301.  First I can not figure out how to get a hold of customer support.  Second how do I clear this error so I can use this program?
    Monday, July 28, 2014 2:08 PM

All replies

• I have the same problem and tried their suggested fix of creating new user ID and running as administrator, plus reinstalling from CD and from fresh download and nothing works. I'm now suspicious that a recent Windows update caused the issue.
    Friday, August 22, 2014 1:53 PM
  • I have the same problem.  It stated a couple of days ago.

I tried Microsoft Support but they wanted $100 to fix it and I only paid $39 for the software.

I think the only solution is to buy a MAC next time I need a PC.

Friday, August 29, 2014 4:40 PM
  • I have just had the same problem.

I've tried some of the detils form the Microsoft support - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951632/en-gb#appliesto     but this has not fixed it.

have you found any solution as yet??

Sunday, August 31, 2014 7:40 PM
  • I have had this same problem with every version since 2010 (if memory serves correctly).  It happens about once a year.  Microsoft has never charged me a fee to correct the problem.  They have a fix for it and they take control of your computer and it takes approx. 10 minutes for them to get it up and running then it is good for approx. another year.  Now my questions  Since they are discontinuing support for Streets and Trips in 2015, does this mean the next time it does this they will not fix the problem?  What about when updating to a new computer?  Will I be able to install my Streets and Trips and use the product key to license it or will I no longer be able to do that?  Since this issue is a defect it their software, they should be required to continue fixing this issue.  There was not a cut off date when we purchased the license to use the product so if there is a problem to where it no longer works, if they cant find a permanent solution they should continue to repair it as needed!
    Friday, October 10, 2014 2:24 PM
  • hi, ive just had the same problem today and am having a nightmare getting help from microsoft!!! did you have any luck?

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 6:32 PM
  • I have had no luck as I already paid for it. I have the feeling I have been had.
    Thursday, October 16, 2014 7:51 AM
  • I just went through this last week. Call customer support. Ask for Streets and Trips and they will transfer to a tech. The tech will remotely access your computer and run a tool which will fix the problem.
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:20 AM
  • I just went through this last week. Call customer support. Ask for Streets and Trips and they will transfer to a tech. The tech will remotely access your computer and run a tool which will fix the problem.
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:20 AM
    Thursday, March 5, 2015 2:21 AM
  • I have made over 15 calls to Microsoft asking how to correct the error code that pops up indicating some Licensing error and call customer support

I have tried to re=download without success. I have tried all the fixes that are indicated to fix the error OXC004D301 without success.

when I call I keep getting transferred from one person to another and in most cases cannot understand the dialect of the person I am talking with. I have also explained that a Tech. had fixed a similar problem in the past. but I get replies that a fix will be available in 24 hrs. Then on the next call, it will be fixed in 36 hrs, and in each case I have been informed that they will call back ,but I have yet to hear from them. on , My last call on Aug 24 had  I was instructed to download the 14 Mo trial, the cancel and use the Product code to download  S@T at no cost. So far that  page shows that it is not available  I am totally disgusted with Microsoft Customer Service, . I will continue to try because I like the S@T

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 1:46 PM
  • You're wasting your time: Microsoft customer service should have told you that Streets & Trips support was withdrawn this summer (June iirc).

Richard Marsden
    MapPoint Add-ins at Mapping-Tools.com

Tuesday, August 25, 2015 2:35 PM