Grouping formats - "Sorry, you have no access to this page" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello!

We have project server 2016 and admin permissions. but when someone, including admin, who have right permissions trying to go to PWA Settings > Groping formats or Gantt chart formats - he will see "Sorry, you have no access to this page" error page.

I`ve tried add and remove permisions to change Groping and Gantt chart formats, share the site, but no matter.

Please help, how to fit it.

Thursday, October 25, 2018 12:49 PM

Answers

• Really it fixes by it self after i switch alt language back to RUS. Now somehow it works fine for both ENG and RUS language.
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:38 AM

All replies

• ryabca --

Is the user in the default Administrators group in PWA?  In that group, EVERY permission should be set to Allow.  Is that the case?  Let us know and we will try to help you.  Thanks!

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Thursday, October 25, 2018 3:58 PM
  • Thanks for your reply Howard!

that is the case, that the user is  in the default Administrators group in PWA, and in that group all permissions are marked  to Allow. so it makes frustration...

Friday, October 26, 2018 3:46 PM
  • Sounds like someone may have changed SharePoint Permissions or PWA Admin permissions.

Here are somethings I would do

1) Run the SharePoint configuration Wizard.  This often fixes many things.

2) Run browser with RUNAS Administrator

3) Thru running PWA/Group Format on the project Server

4) Try using each of the following browser, IE, Edge and Chrome.

If any of these work, this may be a clue on resolving he issue.

Michael Wharton, Project MVP, MBA, PMP and a Great Guy <br/> Website http://www.WhartonComputer.com <br/> Blog http://MyProjectExpert.com contains my field notes and SQL queries

Saturday, October 27, 2018 12:12 PM
  • sorry, what is the 3rd point? i did not understand that.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:11 AM
  • After lots of investigation, and after trieng 4 recomendations  above, I found somthing: my site collection was deployed with default language= ENG, but then locale settings was changed for the using reasons (the Alt. language was set to RUS). So, if I switch alt language to unchecked, then PWA Settings > Groping formats or Gantt chart formats works fine.

Is there any idea how to fix that? please do not propouse to depoy a new site collection with another default language, it will make me die))

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 4:08 PM
  • Really it fixes by it self after i switch alt language back to RUS. Now somehow it works fine for both ENG and RUS language.
    Thursday, November 15, 2018 8:38 AM