Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with Offline Access has already been configured for a RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

a laptop with no previous CRM3  and no VISTA still cannot be configured and has the following error message:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook with Offline Access has already been configured for a
    user on this computer. Only one user can be configured per computer for Microsoft Dynamics
    CRM for Outlook with Offline Access

We made formerly serveral offline CRM 4 installations on laptops which were OK.

I even used the same execution file that was ok for the previous installations and  I still

get the same problem.

This laptop had previously .NET 3.0 which was overwritten, removed and installed by the client for outlook offline.

How can I solve this problem ( without re-installing windows)?

Thanks

Monday, November 10, 2008 8:21 AM

Answers

• What this sounds like to me, when you configure the 3.0 Outlook client, it sets up a subscription record in the database.  You cannot have the same user have multiple subscriptions, and you can't have multiple subscriptions with the same PC ID.  It sounds to me that perhaps the ID of this PC is registered to another CRM user--I've seen this after a machine is wiped out and given to a different user..

These subscriptions can be reset/removed.  I'm not sure where these records are stored in the database, the way that I've done it before is with a tool that Microsoft support can provide that will reset these subscriptions for you.

Monday, November 10, 2008 11:35 AM