Remote Desktop via LAN RRS feed

• Question

• I can't open a Remote Desktop connection... running XP Pro and Win7 and Win7x64.  Remote connection via Internet is OK, folders only, as is backup and direct connect on LAN.  Running squeezebox server on the WHS and that works fine.  Problem still whether Squeezebox server off, uninstalled, or on.

The Remote Desktop access worked OK at one time, but I can't associate any changes with the inability to run it presently.

I have uninstalled the Connectors and re installed them several times.  Each install of the connector runs fine and the server is found without manual intervention.

Error message is: Cannoct connect to your home server.  Check your network connection, etc......  This will happen even for the first attempted Remote Desktop connection after a successful Connector Install.

Two of the clients are cable connected and three are wireless.

Network is:     DSL Modem     >    TP-LINK TL-R4299G     >    Via wire: Several workstations, TV, Cable box, BluRay, Main Photo Editing Box, Roll Printer Box, Ham Radio Box,  and two wireless routers set as access points   >  two laptops, three squeezebox duet receivers, squeezebox remote, sip phone.  (Two HP jet-direct printer connections also via wire.)

Everything works... except the remote desktop.  DSL to TL wiring is 100BT, all other is 1000BT. 

Suggestions Please!

Thanks very much, Emil

Monday, September 20, 2010 2:41 AM

All replies

• Are you accessing via name or ipaddress?   I had a problem when my computer was assigned a domain from work and then could not access by name on my home LAN.  I used IP address and it worked fine.  Don't know if this is your problem or not but you may want to try by address if you are not to see if it is a DNS problem.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 10:21 PM