when the case has been resolved and closed in CRM, an e-mail message should be prompted to all the customers RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am Sudhakar. I am working as a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Consultant. My requirement is " when the case has been resolved and closed in CRM, an e-mail message should be prompted to all the customers ". I think this is done by using workflow.Please share me your ideas and send me any articles related to this requirement.

I would be very very happy if anybody give earlier response.Because this is urgent.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:26 PM

Answers

• Hi Sudhakar,

You need to create a workflow which will be trigger when Status is change to Closed. In action you will be able to send an email and you can use dynamic values to provide relevant information.

I suggest to move all your questions to CRM section because this is not a development and also I suggest to read one of the books which are on the market related to Dynamics CRM.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I am Sudhakar. I am working as a Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Consultant. My requirement is " when the case has been resolved and closed in CRM, an e-mail message should be prompted to all the customers ". I think this is done by using workflow.Please share me your ideas and send me any articles related to this requirement.

I would be very very happy if anybody give earlier response.Because this is urgent.

Regards,

Sudhakar

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:30 PM
  • Hi Sudhakar,

I would assume you use the standard way of CRM case where

• Customer is Account;
    • all customer is actually all your contacts under account.

Using CRM standard workflow wizard can't fulfill your requirement, because it just can retrieve until customer level (1 level only).

In order to retrieve all contacts under specific accounts and use with workflow to send notification, you will need to build custom CRM workflow activities.

regards,
    Toong Yang
    http://eastoceantechnical.blogspot.com/
    Thursday, October 14, 2010 7:13 AM
  • Hi Toong Yang,

Thanks for replying.Please share me code for developing custom workflow activity for my requirement.

"when the case has been resolved and closed in CRM, an e-mail message should be prompted to all the customers ".

Regards,

Sudhakar

Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:58 PM
  • Hi Sudhakar,

You need to create a workflow which will be trigger when Status is change to Closed. In action you will be able to send an email and you can use dynamic values to provide relevant information.

I suggest to move all your questions to CRM section because this is not a development and also I suggest to read one of the books which are on the market related to Dynamics CRM.

My Dynamics CRM Blog: http://bovoweb.blogspot.com
    Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:24 PM
  • Hi All,

my problem is "when the case has been resolved and closed in CRM, an e-mail message should be prompted to all the customers automatically". I think this is not possible to do with standard workflow.Please share me your ideas?

Thanks & Regards,

Sudhakar

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Hello, Sudhakar.

This is possible with custom workflow activity .

Microsoft CRM Freelancer

My blog (english)
    Мой блог (русскоязычный)
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 8:39 PM
  • Sudhakar, when you say "all customers", I assume you mean more than one Customer--which is more than what the "Customer" field on the Case actually holds.  Where would the pluralization come from?  Do you have some 1:N relationship between the Case and Accounts/Contacts that you wish to use as a distribution list?  Are you farming for ideas on how to establish a distribution list?

I don't believe that a custom workflow activity would necessarily be required for simply using the existing "Customer" field.  It's easy enough to configure a Workflow that sends an email to the entity represented in the that field when the Case changes states to "Resolved" or "Canceled".

Dave Berry - MVP Dynamics CRM - http:\\crmentropy.blogspot.com
    Tuesday, October 19, 2010 10:26 PM
  • Hi David,

You are right. No need to develop custom workflow activity.In the case form there is field like "Status". we have three types of case status in CRM.Those are Active, Cancelled and Resolved.Using this we can develop standard workflow.

Thanks for being timely help David.

And also thanks to Andriy for sharing your valuable information.

Regards,

Sudhakar 

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 6:49 PM