Is it possible to map the Status in Account (statecode) to another field in Case? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi:

I need to add the Status of any Account (statecode) as a custom field in Case ("Contact Status" or similar), but the type of statecode is "Status"; can this not be mapped?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:00 PM

Answers

• Field Mapping can only be done when the source and target fields are of the same type. I don't think it is possible to map StateCode of account to a custom field in Case. You won't be able to create a custom field of that type. Instead, you could use javascript on case to fetch & populate the account status on the custom field.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by rmcanally Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:54 PM

All replies

• Field Mapping can only be done when the source and target fields are of the same type. I don't think it is possible to map StateCode of account to a custom field in Case. You won't be able to create a custom field of that type. Instead, you could use javascript on case to fetch & populate the account status on the custom field.

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

• Proposed as answer by Mamatha Swamy Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by rmcanally Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:57 PM
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:54 PM
  • Thank you, Mamatha...we thought that would be the case but wanted to verify before we started.

Robert McAnally CRM Administrator • BizNet Software

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 10:56 PM