how can i downgrade windows 7 ultimate to home premium? RRS feed

• Question

• okay so i bought a laptop of my cousin but when i booted it up it says windows isnt genuine. so i asked him and he said it was like that. so i did some research and it says its a fake version. he then told me it had home premium first. is there a way i can downgrade i have the original key he gave it to me. i tried to just change key but it says it not on appropriate version :(  

thnxs!

Saturday, November 27, 2010 2:35 AM

Answers

All replies

• One cannot "downgrade" a Windows 7 Ultimate operating system back to a Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.  You will need to locate the original Windows 7 Home Premium installation/recovery/reinstallation disc, then perform a "clean install".  If the Windows 7 Home Premium disc cannot be located, please see: How to replace missing Microsoft software.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 2:50 AM
  • One cannot "downgrade" a Windows 7 Ultimate operating system back to a Windows 7 Home Premium operating system.  You will need to locate the original Windows 7 Home Premium installation/recovery/reinstallation disc, then perform a "clean install".  If the Windows 7 Home Premium disc cannot be located, please see: How to replace missing Microsoft software.
    Carey Frisch
    where can you get a reinstallation cd because i recently got this new laptop because the old one i had got mest up and it was also windows 7 hp :( it didnt come with one but some people (technicians) told me its suppose to come with one :o 
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 2:52 AM
  • Contact the manufacturer of the computer and ask them to send you a Windows disc that was designed for your computer.

Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 3:15 AM
  • how about if i buy a cd from a internet cafe shop? they said they would sell me one for $5?
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 3:19 AM
  • No.  The Windows product key will only work with the computer manufaturer's disc.  Internet cafe shop? No way as those would be pirated and illegal, often infused with spyware code.
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 3:35 AM
  • oh okay but how do i ask for it and do you know if they will charge its toshiba satellite C655
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 3:38 AM
  • Please see:  Toshiba Recovery Media
    Carey Frisch
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 4:08 AM
    Carey Frisch
    This was helpful just i really dont work and dont have the money, under age. anhyways this was much appreciated :)
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 4:19 AM
    Carey Frisch
    This was helpful just i really dont work and dont have the money, under age. anhyways this was much appreciated :)
    Try use this free method How to use the Toshiba HDD Recovery Utility. It will restore your lptop to factory setting condition like bought new laptop. Don't forget to backup your files, microsoft office key & etc before using this method. TQ! :)
    Sunday, August 21, 2011 1:18 AM