Sounds and Notifications - "Overnight" Mute RRS feed

• Question

• I would like to see an option where I could mute Ringers, SMS and Email but still allow alarms and reminders to play as a phone profile so I could set an alarm clock and sleep without being disturbed by emails that arrive overnight.

Right now I'm using SPB Time to reactivate the speaker at the time of the alarm, but this should be built into the OS.
    (I don't want to have to go edit all my alarm sounds every night before I go to bed)

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 3:19 PM

Answers

• It would be nice if Microsoft extended the profile features of windows mobile to provide more options for users, but until they do, I use a really great application called Phone Alarm which gives me absolute control over all the different notifications, ringers, message alerts - you name it - on my hw6925. 

I have no ties to the developer or to the software, but I like this application so much, I wrote an article about it on my blog that you might want to check out:

Phone Alarm: A must have application for every Pocket PC/phone combo

• Marked as answer by WMTA1 Monday, August 10, 2009 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:47 PM

All replies

• It would be nice if Microsoft extended the profile features of windows mobile to provide more options for users, but until they do, I use a really great application called Phone Alarm which gives me absolute control over all the different notifications, ringers, message alerts - you name it - on my hw6925. 

I have no ties to the developer or to the software, but I like this application so much, I wrote an article about it on my blog that you might want to check out:

Phone Alarm: A must have application for every Pocket PC/phone combo

• Marked as answer by WMTA1 Monday, August 10, 2009 3:29 PM
    Tuesday, May 20, 2008 4:47 PM
  • Do you know if this will allow me to stop playing MMS notification sounds once I answer the message -- basically treat SMS/MMS alerts the same as a ring alert.  (and give me some way to acknowledge or cancel the sound)

I just purchased a BlackJack II to replace my Treo and have been quite dissapointed that when I answer a message the sound keeps playing.  I have a long alert because often I won't hear the simple "ding" type alerts --- so I have something that will play for 30 - 50 seconds... but that is not feasable when it goes off in a meeting and I can't stop the darn thing.

Talked to ATT and Samsung -- one of the guys finally told me it's going to be an operating system issue so I should check Windows Mobile support.

Any help appreciated.  Thanks.

Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:31 AM
  • Phone alarm lets you customize all the notifications and alerts on your mobile device to suit your needs.  So, try it out and see how well it works.  You can download a fully functional demo version of at the link provided.
    Thursday, June 12, 2008 2:39 AM
  • I have a Verizon XV6900.  I mute the phone overnight (actually I use vibrate since I don't hear that) and use very popular SPB Time alarm to wake me up in the morning.  There is a setting in this SPB software that will sound the alarm no matter what system volume the phone has.

BTw, I'm still shocked that Microsoft does not have a solution for not being woken up by a 3AM email
    Saturday, August 8, 2009 5:02 AM