HDMake: ERROR - hr = 88982f48 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I've used hdmake many times in the past but tonight it's giving me HDMake: ERROR - hr = 88982f48 for any image I try and any output arguments. What is this error code?

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, September 8, 2011 3:28 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That's a WIC error--"WINCODEC_ERR_INTERNALERROR"

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee719669(VS.85).aspx

Maybe try a different output format with the -extension option?

--Howard

Thursday, September 8, 2011 4:54 PM
  • To help debug this, try running WICDiag.exe, which should be in the same directory as ICE.exe (e.g. \Program Files\Microsoft Research\Image Composite Editor\).

Click the "Open images..." button in WICDiag and load your source image(s).  You'll get a lot of diagnostic info about your system, and at the bottom about your source image in particular.  Try it and let us know what codec it's using.

Thanks,

--Howard

Thursday, September 8, 2011 5:52 PM
  • Howard,

Thanks for the reply. I've since processed the image successfully on another computer, but the error is persistent on this one.

As far as the codec reported by WICDiag, it gives the following:

Using decoder: JPEG Decoder (9456a480-e88b-43ea-9e73-0b2d9b71b1ca)

Friday, September 9, 2011 2:48 PM
  • You are using the built in jpeg codec. 

What are the differences between the two systems that you are running on?  Most important - what versions of Windows are you running?  Are they 32bit or 64bit Windows? 

Are both systems fully updated?

At what stage of the processing do you get this error?

Friday, September 9, 2011 3:50 PM
  • Both machines are 64-bit W7. As for other differences...problem machine is a quad core desktop with 8GB memory, working maching is dual core laptop with 4GB memory. Very similar s/w installed on both.

I'm fine running it on the working laptop for now, but am happy to provide more details if the development team wants to fix the problem.

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:13 PM
  • 1) Since the error you are seeing is from a component of the core Windows OS it would be interesting to know if both systems have all the latest updates from Microsoft?

2) At what stage of the processing do you get this error message?

Monday, September 12, 2011 3:32 PM
  • I just checked and both machines have the latest updates installed.

The error occurs almost immediately, here is the full shell output:

C:\Temp\p5>hdmake -src imgp9212_enhancer_stitch.jpg -xmlcntrcyl whitneyPeak.xml 360 -html whitneyPeak.htm
    HDMake: Begin -> generating tiles
    HDMake:   HDMake: ERROR - hr = 88982f48

HDMake: ERROR code returned 88982f48

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 3:00 PM
  • What version of hdmake are you running.  If you have the latest version (v1.11) then you should see the following:

hdmake.exe (v1.11): generates an HD View tiled image set from an input image

when you start hdmake without any command line parameters

Tuesday, September 13, 2011 4:22 PM
  • I'm running v1.4 on both machines--thought that was the latest version.
    Thursday, September 15, 2011 3:08 PM