Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services RRS feed

• Question

• I have a INTRANET installation of CRM 4.0 with no plans of going IFD. I am trying to decide if its worth installing the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. I'm trying to understand its implications based on our enviornment as well as the features it provides like the ability to schedule reports.

Any suggestions, should I just go for it?
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 8:42 PM

Answers

All replies

• The SRSS connector is very easy to install (minutes) and handles some security issues for sql reports.  I generally always install it.

Here is a nice article on the CRM Team Blog for more information. How it Works: SQL Server Reporting Services and Dynamics CRM
    Best Regards | Twitter: edwardsdna
    Tuesday, March 16, 2010 9:04 PM
  • My experience has been with my single server SBS environent will caution me not to install it.  If I am correct, the connector is intended for a multiple server environment where CRM reside on a seperate box than SQL and you need the connector to be able to run reports and setup IFD.  Not sure what it's for beyond that.

Hope that helps.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010 8:07 PM