My site www.specializedfloorcare. com only has the index page indexed RRS feed

• Question

•  

www.specializedfloorcare.com has almost all the pages indexed by Google and Yahoo to include the other top search engines and directories.  I understand that it has a lot to do with great content and linking with high ranking sites.

My question is.  If Google and Yahoo are using the same parameters as Windows Live, than why are we only indexing one page in Live.com?  I have optimazed for MSN and have some links, but it seams that live.com wants you to go out and spend lots of time either buyin links or whoreing them.

Has anyone found a way to fast quality linking?  I have been spending a good amount of time in corresponding and inviting linking exchanges.  Help.

Thursday, March 27, 2008 1:39 AM

Answers

• Hi,

As stated in the past, there is a limit to the size of our index and while we would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site we currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year.     So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm and we are always working on making selection better.

Brett

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 5:57 PM

All replies

• Hi,

As stated in the past, there is a limit to the size of our index and while we would love to index every page on the web and would love to index every site we currently cannot guarantee that each site will be indexed and we don't guarantee coverage to any site. 

We are growing our index all the time. We quadrupled our index size in the last year and hopefully we will continue to grow the same way next year.     So why does it crawl so many pages and index none?  Because we have to select what we think are the best pages.  Not everyone will agree with the design of the selection and ranking algorithm and we are always working on making selection better.

Brett

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 5:57 PM
  •  

Bret,

Thanks for your unaceptable answer to my question.

From what I understand, Windows Live does not care about the efforts and the pride that website owners put into their sites.  www.specializedfloorcare.com, is a simple site with the basic pages like services, about us, contact us and so on.

The most inportant pages in my site are services.htm, natural_stone.htm, tile_grout.htm, leaky_shower.htm and portfolio and testimonials.  These are very inportant pages to me.

If you are telling me that you can not handle more than one page per website, then the hell with live.com.  From now on I am not even going to worry about your tinny index size and concentrate on google and yahoo.

At the same time, I am going to drop my internet advertising from Live.com and take my business someplace else.

Tuesday, April 1, 2008 11:49 PM