Unable to Download from Microsoft RRS feed

• Question

• I have this exact same problem, Ive tried everything, I called shaw i called microsoft, No one can do anything. I CAN NOT Connect to Download.microsoft.com
    • Split by Stephen Holm Thursday, June 18, 2009 11:44 PM Splitting your post....Stephen
    Thursday, June 18, 2009 8:28 PM

Answers

• Before i answer anything, I would like to point out that i am 14. I know most about the computer in the family.

My computer is built by Athlon, I believe somone set it up for us though.
    When i go to the WGA Link it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    I am not familliar with "system tray"

When i go somewhere like youtube, it says "Install Adobe Flash player" So i go to that link, and during the installation it says " Error, Perhaps your Hard Disk is full" But its not and we i go to a earlyer vesion it says "Error During Installation" And i cant get MSN or WMP. Because they all need to connect to microsoft i also do not see OEM Software or OEM Product.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:20 PM

All replies

• Hello Derek

Thank you for visiting us.  We understand the frustration you are currently experiencing.  Please run the MGA Diagnostic Tool and provide us with the results. The steps are below:  

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.     What edition/version of Windows XP is currently installed or is it another version of Windows?

·        Home

·        Media Center

·        Professional

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  Please provide the customer scenario you are experiencing.

5.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Thank you,

Stephen

Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Friday, June 19, 2009 12:02 AM
  • I am currently not able to go to that link, Also we have had this computer for years and years. and do not have a COA. I used to have no problem with microsoft. About a year ago i beleive this has started happening. I'm getting a little annoyed now cause i cant get WMP, MSN, Or Adobe Flash player.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 2:22 AM
  • Good Morning Derek,

Can you explain the problem you are experiencing while attempting to open the WGA link? Are you receiving any error codes and/or messaging while attempting to access the WGA link? You indicated, "Unable to download from Microsoft". Please provide details as why you can't download such as errors and/or messaging. Is there any icons located in the lower right corner "system tray" of your screen? Last what type of computer do you have; home built, built by local shop or from a major manufacture? Please provide as much detail as possible as this will help us with what you are experiencing. Also I had asked some questions above if possible could you provide us with feedback surround the questions.

Thank you,

Stephen
    Attention All Forum Users: Please Do Not post your issue in someone else's Thread...Create your own which will help minimize confusion. If any post fixes your issue, please click the "Post was Helpful" button for that post. This will help us showcase the threads that best help our customers. Thank you, Stephen Holm
    Friday, June 19, 2009 4:30 PM
  • Before i answer anything, I would like to point out that i am 14. I know most about the computer in the family.

My computer is built by Athlon, I believe somone set it up for us though.
    When i go to the WGA Link it says "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage"
    I am not familliar with "system tray"

When i go somewhere like youtube, it says "Install Adobe Flash player" So i go to that link, and during the installation it says " Error, Perhaps your Hard Disk is full" But its not and we i go to a earlyer vesion it says "Error During Installation" And i cant get MSN or WMP. Because they all need to connect to microsoft i also do not see OEM Software or OEM Product.
    Friday, June 19, 2009 5:20 PM
  • Issues answered in Derek185's other thread: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinewindowsxp/thread/a04190f7-48e1-4a4c-9ff6-fce36df6ddda

Marking this thread as answered

Darin MS
    Monday, June 22, 2009 3:37 PM