Live desktop displays incorrect sync options for folder RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
           I have a large folder synced to my desktop and laptop, but not to the Live mesh desktop.  On my devices, the sync settings display correctly ("When files are added or modified" for the devices, "Never to this device" for the Live Desktop).  

However, when I select sync settings for the folder from the Live Desktop, they incorrectly display as "When files are added or modified"  for all the devices, including Live Desktop.

I'm having an issue with sync for that folder at the moment, Connect bug report here:

Perhaps it is related, perhaps not.  Anyone else seeing this behavior?
    Saturday, February 14, 2009 10:41 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This is in fact not a bug, but rather a somewhat hard to understand dialog. The Live Desktop is not saying that it is syncing your folder, rather by clicking on the non-synced folder it is bringing up a dialog to *start* syncing the folder. The dialog then shows you what the state will be after clicking "OK" - similar to when you click on a link to a non-synced mesh folder on your desktop.

Further details are in my post here: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en/LiveMesh/thread/06e2dfc0-05f0-421c-9231-3e2e7612058b

Hope that helps,

Oren
    Sunday, February 15, 2009 1:09 AM