Installing XP Pro on computer and coming up already activated non gen RRS feed

• Question

• I have the OEM windows XP software which came with my pc, i have installed it and when it went to do the updates it has come up with non genuine copy, i have the licenced key etc. It will also not let me activate the software, when i run: oobe/msoobe /a     . It just comes up already actiavted.

Also tried Try this courtesey of Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP

Start/run regsvr32 regwizc.dll
    Then start/run regsvr32 licdll.dll

If this doesn't help try these steps:

Start the computer in Safe mode by hitting F8 at bootup. Start/run
    regedit.
    Delete the following keys:

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Cryptograph y\Providers
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\Providers

Exit the registry editor, restart normally.

Im still no further as i dont have either of these files in my registry, someone please help!!!  

Saturday, July 14, 2007 1:15 PM

Answers

• Anonymous 1,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, July 16, 2007 5:21 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VFYDD-974WT-FR6Q3
    Windows Product Key Hash: n+bIBOYVt07CZRUK2t5VObnaaM0=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-5386256-23554
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: {3C35324E-5B62-45F2-9B18-FDC5F7156CBC}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{3C35324E-5B62-45F2-9B18-FDC5F7156CBC}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FR6Q3</PKey><PID>55274-640-5386256-23554</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-839522115-1390067357-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>VIA Technologies, Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>KT333-8235</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20021203000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E192341701842059</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Answers:        1)     its is XP professional

2)     it reads OEM Software

3)     it has no manufacturer's name in black lettering 

Thanks for your help in advance

Monday, July 16, 2007 7:52 PM
  • I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Windows XP

Professional and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a

Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an

Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL

editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and versions of MS Office are Upgrade

licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Windows

XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to

alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available

to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details

or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.
    First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system

and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them

proof for the blocked PID status. Demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid

for. Curious was your computer turned in for repairs/upgrades and was the hard drive reformatted?   In any case, please uninstall

the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk

because a clean installation or reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting

if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:03 PM
  •  I purchased a pc with windows ME origanally, but needed to upgrade as bought a lcd screen and was not compatible with ME, saw this software at a permanent market stool and asked if it was genuine i was assured it was and offered this OEM copy for £50, at this time i had no idea what OEM was all about just that it was XP Pro, please forgive my ignorance! I now understand after talking to microsoft that i am not liceneced to buy OEM software. I have tried to take this copy back however they refused my money back as it was opened and they still claimed it was genuine, aregued with them for about an hour and got no where. I have reported them to the police and to Microsoft piracy uk based team and trading standards.

I am now hoping to buy a genuine copy of XP home online asap, and will be ceasing this operating system forth with.

Thanks very much for your explanation.

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:18 PM
  • Fish,

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. This happens frequently. Filing the piracy report and the UK based team and trading standards was a good idea. In turn this will help others from becoming victims. Curious was the copy of Windows you purchased a high quality copy?  Please look here and let us know : http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/content.aspx?displaylang=en&pg=coa .  If so part of reporting piracy you may be eligible for a free copy. Follow the instructions.  

Please look @ the following website:  http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/default.aspx?View=22 .  Here you can find various MS Products and if you desire may purchase directly from MS.  Take care and agan we are sorry to hear about your situation.

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:34 PM
  • Yes it was high quality checked against the website and it was identical, disk had hologram on it and i was actually very impressed with how far MS had come with xp disk with holgram etc, compared to the old windows disks.  I was totally shocked to find it was not genuine, i guess they may have got these from an insider in a business or something, so they are real copies just with a key that will not work on any ones own home pc.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 8:46 PM
  • Fish,

I can't actually say if they are or are not genuine disks. Although can say is read the site. People have found ways to emulate genuine discs by various means. Follow the instructions for filing a piracy report. You will be given an address to mail the discs you have and MS will analyze them. In turn you may be eligible for free software. Take care.

STephen Holm, MS

Monday, July 16, 2007 9:03 PM
  • I have an HP D325 microTower that was scrapped by my company (capacitors leaked on the MB) so I replaced the bad caps and am trying to install a fresh copy of XP Pro.  I am not using the original XP disk that came from HP (no idea where it went) but have an XP Pro SP2 CD-ROM (Part No. X10-59871)

Is this because I'm using a XP Key from a pre-SP2 PC and loading SP2 on it?

Tnx anyway, but after calling the 888 robot, I got the activation taken care of.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:33 AM

All replies

• Anonymous 1,

Please follow these steps for assistance:

Step 1 is to run the utility at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012, then click the Windows tab, click the "Copy" button, then paste the report into a response in this thread.

Step 2 is to look on the computer or with the materials you received with the computer or with your retail purchase of  Windows to see if you have a Certificate of Authenticity (COA).  If you have one, tell us about the COA.  Tell us:

1.  What edition of Windows XP is it for, Home, Pro, or Media Center, or another version of Windows?

2.  Does it read "OEM Software" or "OEM Product" in black lettering?

3.  Or, does it have the computer manufacturer's name in black lettering?

4.  DO NOT post the Product Key.

Not sure what to look for?  See this page for reference:  http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/en/coa.mspx

Monday, July 16, 2007 5:21 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.7.0039.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Invalid Product Key
    Detailed Status: N/A
    Cached / Grace status: N/A, N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-VFYDD-974WT-FR6Q3
    Windows Product Key Hash: n+bIBOYVt07CZRUK2t5VObnaaM0=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-5386256-23554
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    ID: {3C35324E-5B62-45F2-9B18-FDC5F7156CBC}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    Commit / Reboot / BRT: N/A, N/A, N/A
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.36.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A
    File Exists: No
    Version: N/A
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Office Diagnostics:

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{3C35324E-5B62-45F2-9B18-FDC5F7156CBC}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0039.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-FR6Q3</PKey><PID>55274-640-5386256-23554</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-839522115-1390067357-725345543</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>VIA Technologies, Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>KT333-8235</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>6.00 PG</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="2"/><Date>20021203000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>E192341701842059</HWID><UserLCID>0809</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>GMT Standard Time(GMT+00:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/></MachineData>   <Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Answers:        1)     its is XP professional

2)     it reads OEM Software

3)     it has no manufacturer's name in black lettering 

Thanks for your help in advance

Monday, July 16, 2007 7:52 PM
  • I am sorry to hear about the problem your currently experiencing. I can see right away what the issue is with Windows XP

Professional and why it is not passing validation.  Unfortunately, the product key used to install the operating system is a

Volume License Key (VLK) that has been blocked per the request of the legal VLK holder.  As a rule, VL editions of either an

Operating System and/or Office should not be sold to individual consumers. Businesses, schools and governments normally use VL

editions for flexibility in installing many computers. Also, Volume Licenses for Windows XP and versions of MS Office are Upgrade

licenses ONLY and cannot be used as the original or base license for a new computer.

This is why you were seeing the "Software Counterfeiting" messages on your computer, because the current installation of Windows

XP Pro is an unauthorized installation. In any case, please uninstall the non-genuine installation of the operating system to

alleviate any complications which may arise from the non-genuine status of your system. As a customer there are options available

to you for a resolution. For details on the ways to “Get Genuine”, see the web page that outlined your validation failure details

or http://www.microsoft.com/genuine.  It will provide all of the possible steps which you can take.
    First, if this comes as a total surprise to you, please visit the retailer where you purchased the computer or operating system

and let them know the operating system is a counterfeit copy.  Please print a copy of the diagnostic report so you may show them

proof for the blocked PID status. Demand they immediately reimburse you and/or provide a Genuine Copy which was originally paid

for. Curious was your computer turned in for repairs/upgrades and was the hard drive reformatted?   In any case, please uninstall

the non-genuine installation to alleviate any complications.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your situation. Please be sure to backup or otherwise offload any data from the hard disk

because a clean installation or reimaging will destroy all personal user data on the hard drive. Please don't hesitate re-posting

if you need further assistance.

Thank you
    Stephen Holm
    WGA Forum Manager

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:03 PM
  •  I purchased a pc with windows ME origanally, but needed to upgrade as bought a lcd screen and was not compatible with ME, saw this software at a permanent market stool and asked if it was genuine i was assured it was and offered this OEM copy for £50, at this time i had no idea what OEM was all about just that it was XP Pro, please forgive my ignorance! I now understand after talking to microsoft that i am not liceneced to buy OEM software. I have tried to take this copy back however they refused my money back as it was opened and they still claimed it was genuine, aregued with them for about an hour and got no where. I have reported them to the police and to Microsoft piracy uk based team and trading standards.

I am now hoping to buy a genuine copy of XP home online asap, and will be ceasing this operating system forth with.

Thanks very much for your explanation.

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:18 PM
  • Fish,

We are sorry to hear about your bad experience. This happens frequently. Filing the piracy report and the UK based team and trading standards was a good idea. In turn this will help others from becoming victims. Curious was the copy of Windows you purchased a high quality copy?  Please look here and let us know : http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/content.aspx?displaylang=en&pg=coa .  If so part of reporting piracy you may be eligible for a free copy. Follow the instructions.  

Please look @ the following website:  http://www.microsoft.com/products/info/default.aspx?View=22 .  Here you can find various MS Products and if you desire may purchase directly from MS.  Take care and agan we are sorry to hear about your situation.

Stephen Holm, MS

Monday, July 16, 2007 8:34 PM
  • Yes it was high quality checked against the website and it was identical, disk had hologram on it and i was actually very impressed with how far MS had come with xp disk with holgram etc, compared to the old windows disks.  I was totally shocked to find it was not genuine, i guess they may have got these from an insider in a business or something, so they are real copies just with a key that will not work on any ones own home pc.
    Monday, July 16, 2007 8:46 PM
  • Fish,

I can't actually say if they are or are not genuine disks. Although can say is read the site. People have found ways to emulate genuine discs by various means. Follow the instructions for filing a piracy report. You will be given an address to mail the discs you have and MS will analyze them. In turn you may be eligible for free software. Take care.

STephen Holm, MS

Monday, July 16, 2007 9:03 PM
  • I have an HP D325 microTower that was scrapped by my company (capacitors leaked on the MB) so I replaced the bad caps and am trying to install a fresh copy of XP Pro.  I am not using the original XP disk that came from HP (no idea where it went) but have an XP Pro SP2 CD-ROM (Part No. X10-59871)

Is this because I'm using a XP Key from a pre-SP2 PC and loading SP2 on it?

Tnx anyway, but after calling the 888 robot, I got the activation taken care of.

Tuesday, July 17, 2007 6:33 AM