90 day free trial RRS feed

• Question

• I just down loaded the 90 day free trial.on 1-21-08 and it says i only have 15 days left.my time and date on my computer is correct. please help.

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 2:19 AM

Answers

• How did you install OneCare? Did you install from a retail CD or from http://onecare.live.com?

If you install with a CD or if you have a paid subscription and reinstall, but do not activate, you get a 15 day period before you must activate with the retail key (for a CD install with no subscription yet) or the LiveID for your subscription.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:43 PM

All replies

• Had you previously used the trial software? I assume not, so I'll see what I can find out.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:35 PM
  •  

thanks steve and no i havent had no free trial
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 4:39 PM
  • As soon as I hear what we might need to check or if it is something on the server side, I'll let you know.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 5:27 PM
  • How did you install OneCare? Did you install from a retail CD or from http://onecare.live.com?

If you install with a CD or if you have a paid subscription and reinstall, but do not activate, you get a 15 day period before you must activate with the retail key (for a CD install with no subscription yet) or the LiveID for your subscription.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 7:43 PM
  • I just downloaded the free 90 trial and I'm getting a message that the trial period has ended. As of 08/13/2008 I had never had the program or any of the components installed on my computer. I down loaded the free trial from the website. Also my date and time are correct.

Thursday, August 14, 2008 11:20 PM
  • Double check the PC date and time as that would be the only reason for the situation you are in. If you had the trial before, a reinstall would get you 15 days. Since it reports being expired, the date is likely off. Check the year, too.

-steve

Friday, August 15, 2008 1:19 PM