File corruption for Quicken and Peachtree Accounting RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using WHS for about 4 weeks now, with only one unresolved problem (one particular PC will not back up no matter what I try, based on Forum ideas).  Today, however, I found that some data files stored on the WHS have been corrupted.  These are the data files for Quicken and Peachtree accounting.  The files are stored in the shared folders with "duplication" enabled.  I already checked, and these files DO NOT use the "alternate data streams" as mentioned as a source of data corruption in the forums.

For me at least, not being able to store these types of data files on a server defeats the purpose of having a server.  Anyone have any bright ideas??  COuld it be the folder "duplication" is screweing things up?? 
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:15 PM

Answers

• Thanks for the link.  Sorry I did not read all of the thousands of threads to ferret out this item for myself.
    Unfortunately, for me at least, not being able to store and use files on the WHS makes it worthless.
    They should call it "Windows Home Backup Machine", because apparently, that is all it can do at this point.

Thanks for your help.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 2:57 PM

All replies

•  digdocman wrote:

I have been using WHS for about 4 weeks now, with only one unresolved problem (one particular PC will not back up no matter what I try, based on Forum ideas).  Today, however, I found that some data files stored on the WHS have been corrupted.  These are the data files for Quicken and Peachtree accounting.  The files are stored in the shared folders with "duplication" enabled.  I already checked, and these files DO NOT use the "alternate data streams" as mentioned as a source of data corruption in the forums.

For me at least, not being able to store these types of data files on a server defeats the purpose of having a server.  Anyone have any bright ideas??  COuld it be the folder "duplication" is screweing things up?? 

It has been said time and time again to not use Quicken over WHS. DO not use anything that requires a lock.

Such as PST's etc.

Othe rapplications can be found here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946676/en-us?spid=12624
    Wednesday, February 13, 2008 3:23 PM
  • Thanks for the link.  Sorry I did not read all of the thousands of threads to ferret out this item for myself.
    Unfortunately, for me at least, not being able to store and use files on the WHS makes it worthless.
    They should call it "Windows Home Backup Machine", because apparently, that is all it can do at this point.

Thanks for your help.
    Saturday, February 16, 2008 2:57 PM