Help with Activation RRS feed

• Question

• I need help with activating my Live OneCare software...I have installed it and have gotten a login name and password. But, when I try to "activate" the software it says that it is already activated....I am tired of trying to fix this problem...can someone give me a PHONE NUMBER I can call to get help?????????????? troy M

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:02 PM

Answers

• Are you receiving a message stating that the product key is already in use? If so, and you have never entered the key before, you will need to exchange that retail copy at the point of purchase as it is a used key.

If you activated on another PC with that key, you must use the same LiveID to activate on the 2nd and 3rd computer.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:14 PM

All replies

• Are you receiving a message stating that the product key is already in use? If so, and you have never entered the key before, you will need to exchange that retail copy at the point of purchase as it is a used key.

If you activated on another PC with that key, you must use the same LiveID to activate on the 2nd and 3rd computer.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:14 PM
  • I have the same problem as Troy. however, I bought OneCare months ago and have just now tried to install it onto my computer. It was sealed. (I was waiting for spy sweeper to run out) So, I made a windows live ID, entered in the 25-digit product key and it's telling me it's already been registered! I can't remember where I bought this from and even if I did, there's no way they would allow me to return it. What am I supposed to do? I PAID for this software and right now my computer is unprotected. I have been looking for a phone number for the past 2 weeks and found none
    Friday, September 12, 2008 4:43 PM
  • The link to the FAQ for how to reach support (which would be via email for you, unfortunately) is above.

Unofficial path - send me an email at sboots@mvps.org with a subject line including "OneCare" (to get past my spam filtering) and in the message body, tell me what country you are in, your forum nickname, and paste this link:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3870403&SiteID=2

I am not online 24x7, so you may be waiting for a reply, but I'll do my best to hook you up with support.

-steve

Friday, September 12, 2008 4:49 PM
  • Hey TD from Texas... I feel for ya. I am in the same boat !!

I Re activated my Live one care, and it sure worked to take my credit card for $59.95 and in return all I recieved was an e mail that had no links on it or information to activate. My old installation continues to read " Out of Date". When I return to billing and accounting it appears that I have the program saying enabled. Email gives directions only to check the agreement form. Which can be found absolutly NO where. I too have been searching this incredibly safisticated loop like site for weeks. I will be sure to tell anyone especially those who work for the Futures shop not to promot it.

I understand why phone calls would be costly to the company, but certainly for being Microsoft there has to be some one smart enough there to see that it is a run around site and no better than scam sites.

Yours, frustrated...... Jan

Friday, September 12, 2008 8:40 PM