I didn't pass the validation process RRS feed

• Question

• I just downloaded Window 2010 Beta, installed it correctly, ten I did all the up dating and when trying to valiadate it, they say me it is not validated! What's wrog?
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:21 PM

Answers

• Hello mixteco,

I can't say for sure since I have not yet used the Office 2010 beta, but I would have to think that beta software does not participate in the Office Genuine Advantage program.

Up until public release, Windows 7 did not validate at the Validation site either.  When Windows 7 was officially release for public sale, it took a couple of days for the WGA programmers to reprogram the Validation site (www.microsoft.com/genuine) to work with Windows 7.

As long as you downloaded Office 2010 Beta from the official Microsoft website, you received a good copy.  So, I guess what I am saying is, "Don't sweat it."  :-)

If you got Office 2010 Beta from a warezz site or from a torrent, well then, there's no telling what you got! :-(

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:12 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:37 PM

All replies

• Hello mixteco,

I can't say for sure since I have not yet used the Office 2010 beta, but I would have to think that beta software does not participate in the Office Genuine Advantage program.

Up until public release, Windows 7 did not validate at the Validation site either.  When Windows 7 was officially release for public sale, it took a couple of days for the WGA programmers to reprogram the Validation site (www.microsoft.com/genuine) to work with Windows 7.

As long as you downloaded Office 2010 Beta from the official Microsoft website, you received a good copy.  So, I guess what I am saying is, "Don't sweat it."  :-)

If you got Office 2010 Beta from a warezz site or from a torrent, well then, there's no telling what you got! :-(

For great advice on all topics XP, visit http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:12 PM
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:37 PM
  • Dan is correct.  Beta Software will Activate, but will not Validate as Genuine or Non-Genuine. 

Generally speaking, WGA Validation checks ignore beta software.

Darin MS
    Thursday, January 28, 2010 9:12 PM