none
Problem with connecting to TFS 2017 from windows 10 pc. RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone have this kind of problems? Just got "unable to connect, timeout.."
    Visual studio 2017 connect without problem, but version less then  VS 2017 cant.

little more info:
    I have working TFS 2017. From all other machine working as well. Connecting to TFS through IE working well. But web it comes to connect from Visual studio 2010, 2013, 2015, 2017, can. Have problem all the time with "Connection timed out". 

It is freshly new windows 10, connection to intranet, working lan.

From my other pc with my credentials but windows 7 everything working as well.

I have been tried several options, as "clear cache, flush dns, firewall is not a issue", etc..

TF31002 get in vs 2010 and from VS 2017  TF400324  

Our network guy said he got touch from clients over 8080 port, but still he got through 443 trying connection, and firewall blocking all.
    How to avoid this and have successful connection. I think this is issue with windows, but still don't know how to resolve.
    Wednesday, February 13, 2019 11:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Welcome to MSDN forum.

Please have a try with below ways:

• Check Event Log to see whether there are some useful information.
    • Delete Cookies and clear IE cache.
    • Clear TFS cache in the %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Team Foundation\x.0\Cache folder
    • Run visual studio in Administrator Mode.
    • Delete all credentials from Windows Credential Manager (and remove Link Online ID)
    • Delete this folder in the registry (just “TokenStorage” – nothing else)

If the issue persists, since this forum is discussing the problem on Microsoft test manager, it is recommend investigating this further with TFS on Stack Overflow. Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Joyce

Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 14, 2019 8:47 AM