Is it possible to redeploy CRM 3.0 on the same domain different servers? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am working on a dev environment and want to redeploy the live database on the dev.
    I have 136 users on the live server.
    1- During the redeployemnt can I map different users to one?
    2- If not can I redeploy to the same domain which is the live domain with different OU, so i do not have to create as many users??

please advise...

Many thanks!
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 10:30 AM

Answers

• Yes you can redeploy Microsoft CRM 3.0 to the same domain.  You will want to make sure you are using a different OU then production uses, a different CRM server then production uses and a different SQL server then production uses.

No you cannot map many users to one AD account.

If you use the same install account as production then it will automatically map the users the same for you and give you the option to either map by hand or automatically map by AD account or full name. 

There are many companies that have their Development and Production environment for CRM 3.0 all in the same domain.  it does make it a lot simpler because you do not have to recreate all the users. Just have it use the same users as in production.  The only worry is that if the users get the URL tot he development server by accident they could think they are in production because they would have the same access to Dev as they do for production.  Just make sure users do not get the dev URL or be very specific when they are testing the new configuration during UAT in the development environment.

- Hoss
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, March 5, 2009 9:49 PM
    Tuesday, March 3, 2009 8:38 PM