Academic Search is a good idea but need substantial improvement. RRS feed

• Question

• I noticed that ranking of scientists in a field or subfield is supplied by Academic Search.

This idea is wonderful.

But I found many data are not accurate.

Researchers are misplaced with wrong institutes.

Researchers with the same name are placed as one.

Cited references are not right and thus citation/H-index are not right.

Many researchers are not even PIs - they should not be ranked because they are not independent.

Some researchers died many years ago - their names should be removed.

Ranking for researchers with the same paper number and H-index is not reasonable - they should tie or be ranked according to certain good standard.

Research papers are not updated after 2011 and I found it difficult to upload the pdf documents.

Please solve these problems and your website will be very powerful one for scientific evaluation.

Tuesday, November 6, 2012 8:29 PM

Answers

• Hello wonderlich,

Thank you for contacting us. Your feedback and input is important to us! Please note that we are actively working on indexing additional content, which will improve the number of publications, citation counts, and H-indexes for authors in Academic Search. Additionally, users can contribute to Academic Search and correct errors or add information. To do so, click the Edit button to the right of an author's name or publication list and sign in with a Live ID.

Please let us know if we can provide any other assistance or if you have other feedback to offer.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Thursday, November 8, 2012 5:41 PM