none
Queries regarding MCSD certification RRS feed

• Question

• I have experience of working in datawarehousing 1.5 years in my current job. I want to switch to web application development track and hence want to go for MCSD certification. I have few questions regarding this certification and training available as below.

1) Is there any prerequisite for MCSD exam? I mean in terms of exam, do i have to clear any other exam before going to MCSD or can i go for it directly?

2) There are no training material available for one of the three exam : 'Developing Windows Azure and Web Services' from Microsoft press as per the information available on Microsoft site. Where can we find required material officially?

3) Are there any elearning training available for free of cost for these three exams (70-480, 70-486, 70-487)?

4) What are the cost involved individually for appearing for these exams in India  (70-480, 70-486, 70-487)?

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 4:52 AM

Answers

• Hi,

trying to answer your questions

1) No, there are no prerequisites for the MCSD track. Just clear all the exams of the track for earning the MCSD.
    2) I'm not aware of any official material beside the information provided on the official site.
    3) See #2.
    4) You will see the costs for sitting an exam during the registration process on the Prometric site.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:12 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

trying to answer your questions

1) No, there are no prerequisites for the MCSD track. Just clear all the exams of the track for earning the MCSD.
    2) I'm not aware of any official material beside the information provided on the official site.
    3) See #2.
    4) You will see the costs for sitting an exam during the registration process on the Prometric site.

Best Regards. When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer. This helps us build a healthy and positive community.

@Horizon_Net | Blog

Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:12 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I wanted to add just a bit more information here.

1. You can always take any exam in any order.

2. Other than the instructor-led training, there is not currently any other official learning products. There is at least one book in the works, but it is not scheduled to be released until September of this year. Here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/Exam-Ref-70-486-Developing-Applications/dp/0735677220/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367506893&sr=8-1&keywords=70-486

3. Take a look every once in a while on www.microsoft.com/learning. They did a promotion for the 70-480 exam earlier in the year (free online class and free exam voucher.) They change the promotions periodically. Please note: the online course for 70-480 was posted to the Microsoft Virtual Academy site at http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/  You may still find it (or other helpful content) there.

4. Costs for exams vary by country/region. Currently, each exam in the United States is $150 USD.

Mike Corkery, MCT, MVP (Office Systems), MCSD (Windows Store Apps), MCITP, MCPD, MSF, etc. Please do not forget to click “Vote as Helpful” if any post helps you and "Mark as Answer”if it solves the issue.

Thursday, May 2, 2013 3:06 PM