Cracked Vista DVD and getting a replacement RRS feed

• Question

•  

Dear Microsoft,

I bought your Windows Vista Home Premium about 6 months ago and I have not had a problem with it since I first installed the OS. I have taken the disk out of the case that it came in a few times, but the other day I noticed a little crack on the inside of the disk. I called US Replacement Parts and they charged me $30.30 for a replacement disk. WOW!! I paid around $170 for the OS and then when the disk cracks, you charge me another $30 to replace it! I think this is unfair because I chose your OS because it is user friendly and just works. I could have bought a MAC or used Linux, but I chose your OS. The case needs to be changed because the disk is hard to remove or secure due to that little nub which secures the disk in place. You need to make the case a little user friendly and not so adult proof. The case is what cracked my disk, not me. I would like to not have to pay another $30 for your OS so could one of your representatives please contact me and possibly refund my money? The new disk has been ordered and I am waiting for the disk to arrive in the mail soon. I have the order number to prove my replacement disk order if you need it. By the way, I am a fan of Microsoft and I don’t think I will change or use any other OS.

Cheers

Jesse Miller

JesseMiller1974@comcast.net
    • Moved by ashawani_dubey Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:12 AM n (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    • Moved by ashawani_dubey Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:12 AM n (From:Suggestions and Feedback for the Forums)
    Monday, August 4, 2008 7:20 PM

All replies

• Sorry, Jesse, you're in a completely wrong forum (try filing suggestions somewhere at support.microsoft.com).

I wish there was a vote - as off topic button, so moderators can know about these kinds of threads and move them to the Off-Topic posts section.
    Take a chance. Prepare to be surprised.
    • Edited by Oliver Black Monday, August 4, 2008 8:33 PM More
    Monday, August 4, 2008 8:32 PM
  • Hello, 

Thank you for your post!  I would suggest creating a new thread for your question in the (Microsoft > Forums Home > Microsoft Genuine Advantage Forums > Windows Vista Validation Issues (Windows Vista) ) forum located here:  (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuinevista/threads).

Hope that would be helpful.

Have a great day!

Thanks & regards,

Ashawani Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    • Proposed as answer by ashawani_dubey Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:12 AM
    Tuesday, February 2, 2010 7:12 AM