Custom uri scheme not working RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Forum,

i'm kinda new in windows phone applications developments, but i guess i achieved alot, via the answers i got from the forum...here i'm i with a new one and i wish i can get the answer here.

I've got a windows phone app, which i wish to open using custom uri send via sms, the problem : It works perfectly on the emulator, but not on a physical device. On the device, the uri doesn't highlight as a link whereas on the emulator it does.

Please can someone help!? i'm going mad...

my uri is myapp://a?s=test

Thanks for helping

• Moved by Breeze Liu Friday, January 5, 2018 7:28 AM off topic
    Friday, December 29, 2017 4:36 AM

All replies

• Hi Cyphrix17,

Welcome to the Developing Universal Windows apps forum! Please utilize tagging when posting to this forum, thanks!

Do you mean your physical device can not recognize your myapp://a?s=test URI as a link in the sms? If so, it seems the device issue and it is not in our scope of developing UWP apps. You can ask it in the answers forum.

Best regards,

Breeze

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, January 1, 2018 2:07 AM
  • Hello Breeze,

happy new year and thanks for replying...

Yes that's exactly what i mean. in the simulator, it works perfectly, but on device, it doesn't show as a hyperlink. even though i have registered the protocol in the package.manifest.

Friday, January 5, 2018 10:02 AM