Connection roles translations RRS feed

• Question

• I have created a few custom connection roles. The organization language is en-US but many users use the language pack for fr-FR. The users using French can only see connection roles in English and exporting the labels for translation does not include the connection role labels. Is multi-language not supported for connection roles? Or is the only workaround to create duplicate connection roles for each language? (that can become a reporting nightmare).

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011 7:50 PM

Answers

• Hello Gonzalo! :)

Connection role names do not support translations.  Thanks for the suggestion - we will look into this for future releases.  Unfortunately I cannot provide a better work around than what you have stated.

-Brandon

Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:46 AM

All replies

• Hello Gonzalo! :)

Connection role names do not support translations.  Thanks for the suggestion - we will look into this for future releases.  Unfortunately I cannot provide a better work around than what you have stated.

-Brandon

Thursday, April 7, 2011 12:46 AM
  • Hi Gonzalo,

Please log a support issue if this is blocking your scenario. thanks.

Thursday, May 5, 2011 8:10 AM
  • Hi Shashi,

Thanks for the suggestion, will do!

It is unfortunate because we are required by Quebec law to provide a label in the user's preferred language, so even the workaround above is not enough since it will always show in the language of the user who created the connection. For administrative features such as security roles it is OK to have them only in the base language but connections are really targeted to end users and should provide translation functionality. The workaround I used is to have bilingual connection roles such as "child / enfant". However this is still a problem because there are also laws in Canada that dictate that when both languages are present in a label, the language corresponging to the province must appear first (my customer has users all across the country)! This is specially a problem for selling to Canadian public entities and makes connections a "forbidden feature" in Quebec! Even OOB connection roles are only in the org base language :(

I can imagine other countries that have multiple national languages might have the same restrictions...
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:44 PM
  • In Europe multilanguage support is not a law requirement. It is however very important to support multiple languages when selling a solution.

We'are having the same problem as reporte by Gonzalo with our financial vertical solution which targets every country in Europe. Because of the many different languages, we cannot even use the suggested solution of two labels for every connection role.

I hope MS will find a solution in a future roll up.

Thursday, June 30, 2011 5:58 PM
  • And... It will be tackled for next release of CRM? That's it?

Oh yeah, I forgot: it's not a problem, it's a feature!

Denis

Sunday, March 3, 2013 8:34 PM