Server Data is not Synchronized if it is modified/created by client. RRS feed

• Question

•  

HI,

I am using SyncGuru.Com (N-Tier Demo to develop an application). During testing the application I had marked one thing, that is discussed below. I dont know if it is a bug or any mistake that I am doing in my application.

If my Client application is modifying a record or inserting a record to the Enterprise Database and after that I stop the application and use a blank database and start the application. All the Data from the database is synchronized to the client database that was initially blank except the data that I had inserted/modified previously using the client application.

When I modify this row in enterprise server manually(marked that the value in the updateoriginatorID is changed to 0) and then synchronize then I could see the data synchronized to the client.

Any Idea why is this happenning.

Regards

• Moved by Max Wang_1983 Friday, April 22, 2011 10:02 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:52 AM

All replies

• Hi.

Are you calling syncAgent.Synchronize() method before closing your application.There are 2-3 tables like tomb_stone on serverside who are taking care of pointers of last upadted rows and some other things. Also there are some triggers to be fired when entries are made in those table.

When you are doing manually changes at that time triggers will fire and according to that tomb_stone tables and some other tables will be modified so you will get data next time you start application.

I hope this will help you.

Thanks & Regards,
    Meet Vijay Shah
    Friday, October 12, 2007 2:00 PM
  •  

Hi, if the rows are modified/inserted/deleted from the OCS client, it will not be sync-ed back to the same client unless the rwo was changed either by the server or by other client. if you take a look at the selectIncrementInsert query, you will see there is a clause to filter out the same change done by this client.

thanks

Yunwen

Friday, October 12, 2007 8:16 PM