Unauthorized Copy of MS Office Pro 2003 RRS feed

• Question

• Help!!!

Over six months ago my MS software was valiudated as authentic.  I recently updated to Explorer 8(?) and allowed automatice MS updates.  Now it says I have an unauthorized copy.  It wants me to buy an update.  Please help me get rid of this pain in the neck without paying money.  Especially, when i have done nothing wrong!

Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hello CT Lankford,

Here is a snippet of your mgadiag report:

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Project Professional 2002 - 100 Genuine
    Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003 - 114 Blocked VLK 2
    Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003 - 100 Genuine
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Your Dell Latitude D610 laptop computer has three installations of Office-Family products.  The two installations of Project (Project Pro 2002 and Project Standard 2003) are reporting as Genuine retail licensed products.

Unfortunately, your installation of Office Professional 2003 is reporting as a nongenuine installation, because it is a Volume Licensing installation that was done with a widely pirated and now blocked Volume Licensing Product Key.

A "blocked" VLK is one that was issued by Microsoft to a business, educational institution, or governmental agency for their exclusive use in accordance with a Volume Licensing Agreement.  (Note that such use does NOT allow the resale of such VLKs.)  However, because the VLK may have been reported lost, stolen, or compromised to the internet by the original keyholder, or because the Volume Licensing Agreement has expired, Microsoft has blocked the VLK from further use.

If your use of this Volume Licensing edition of Office Professional Edition 2003 is in association with an organization that has a Volume Licensing Agreement, then please contact the IT support staff of the organization for further assistance.

If you are an individual consumer, you should never have been sold Volume Licensing materials such as  Volume Licensing installation disc(s), and you certainly should not have received a Blocked Product Key.

A common explanation for the current situation is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installation which is nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop, or asked a friend or relative to help you with a computer problem, and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs, using one of their own discs with the nongenuine software.  If this is the situation, you can Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installation of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, or on a yellow-orange product key sticker in your retail package, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.

If you purchased the computer used/second-hand/refurbed/etc, then the previous owner or the seller may have installed the nongenuine Office.

If the above circumstances do not apply, and you personally purchased and installed the current installation of Office that is now on the computer, then the only other explanation is that you were sold counterfeit software.  If so, your first course of action is to confront your seller with this information and demand a full refund.

If the seller refuses to help, please file a piracy report at
    www.microsoft.com/piracy.  Also, depending upon whether you received "high quality" counterfeit materials, you may qualify for the Office Complimentary Offer or for the Office Genuine Advantage discounted offer.  Please see the FAQ here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC  If you would like to participate in the Office Genuine Offer, please click the Learn More Online link being displayed on your screen by the OGA Notifier utility.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:12 PM

All replies

• Hello CT Lankford,

In order to receive the best support, we request all users initially download and run the Genuine Diagnostics tool at this link http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012. Click "Run" to download and start the Utility.  When asked, click the "Continue" button.  When the utility completes its run, click the "Copy" button, then come back here and paste the report into your post.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:32 PM
  • Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-T6DFB-Y934T-YD4YT
    Windows Product Key Hash: 3g4CZGFEDgbKmn/oB4pa2FZsssU=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2211906-00102
    Windows Product ID Type: 2
    Windows License Type: OEM SLP
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {DCF262C9-DD47-4E1F-8452-AFD82B11A440}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{DCF262C9-DD47-4E1F-8452-AFD82B11A440}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-YD4YT</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2211906-00102</PID><PIDType>2</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-3879924757-70078561-281290791</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Model>Latitude D610                   </Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Dell Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>A06</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="3"/><Date>20051002000000.000000+000</Date><SLPBIOS>Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System</SLPBIOS></BIOS><HWID>73FF3C07018400E2</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Mountain Standard Time(GMT-07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>2</stat><msppid></msppid><name>Dell Latitude D610</name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>114</Result><Products><Product GUID="{913B0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0050048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Project Professional 2002</Name><Ver>10</Ver><Val>9F193E95A1253D0</Val><Hash>0VY/e3zNHdRGClDjP4zVax7vXO0=</Hash><Pid>57058-755-5752727-16840</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{90110409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>114</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>59D1605114E3500</Val><Hash>vfZmaSmFPIYrLWTcZSZErUQg+Fo=</Hash><Pid>73931-640-0000106-57129</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product><Product GUID="{913A0409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"><LegitResult>100</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Project Standard 2003</Name><Ver>11</Ver><Val>597DACF33D83DF0</Val><Hash>k3TWo+N5mNaXaHhWOAX+/OvSy3g=</Hash><Pid>72076-760-0678266-55339</Pid><PidType>1</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="3B" Version="10" Result="100"/><App Id="15" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="16" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="18" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="19" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1A" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="1B" Version="11" Result="114"/><App Id="3A" Version="11" Result="100"/><App Id="44" Version="11" Result="114"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 17B86:Dell Inc|17B86:Microsoft Corporation
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: Dell System,Dell Computer,Dell System,Dell System

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Thursday, June 24, 2010 4:48 PM
  • Hello CT Lankford,

OGA Data-->

Your Dell Latitude D610 laptop computer has three installations of Office-Family products.  The two installations of Project (Project Pro 2002 and Project Standard 2003) are reporting as Genuine retail licensed products.

Unfortunately, your installation of Office Professional 2003 is reporting as a nongenuine installation, because it is a Volume Licensing installation that was done with a widely pirated and now blocked Volume Licensing Product Key.

A "blocked" VLK is one that was issued by Microsoft to a business, educational institution, or governmental agency for their exclusive use in accordance with a Volume Licensing Agreement.  (Note that such use does NOT allow the resale of such VLKs.)  However, because the VLK may have been reported lost, stolen, or compromised to the internet by the original keyholder, or because the Volume Licensing Agreement has expired, Microsoft has blocked the VLK from further use.

If your use of this Volume Licensing edition of Office Professional Edition 2003 is in association with an organization that has a Volume Licensing Agreement, then please contact the IT support staff of the organization for further assistance.

If you are an individual consumer, you should never have been sold Volume Licensing materials such as  Volume Licensing installation disc(s), and you certainly should not have received a Blocked Product Key.

A common explanation for the current situation is that at one time your computer did have a Genuine installation of Office installed, but for some reason it was replaced with the current installation which is nongenuine.  This could have happened if you took your computer to a repair shop, or asked a friend or relative to help you with a computer problem, and they reinstalled Windows and/or some or all of your programs, using one of their own discs with the nongenuine software.  If this is the situation, you can Get Genuine once again by uninstalling the current nongenuine installation of Office and using your Genuine Microsoft hologrammed Office installation CDs, along with the genuine Product Key found on your Office Edition's Certificate of Authenticity, or on a yellow-orange product key sticker in your retail package, to put back the genuine installation of Office you may have already had on the computer.

If you purchased the computer used/second-hand/refurbed/etc, then the previous owner or the seller may have installed the nongenuine Office.

If the above circumstances do not apply, and you personally purchased and installed the current installation of Office that is now on the computer, then the only other explanation is that you were sold counterfeit software.  If so, your first course of action is to confront your seller with this information and demand a full refund.

If the seller refuses to help, please file a piracy report at
    www.microsoft.com/piracy.  Also, depending upon whether you received "high quality" counterfeit materials, you may qualify for the Office Complimentary Offer or for the Office Genuine Advantage discounted offer.  Please see the FAQ here:  http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx?displaylang=en#ID0EKNAC  If you would like to participate in the Office Genuine Offer, please click the Learn More Online link being displayed on your screen by the OGA Notifier utility.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:12 PM
  • "Dan at IT Associates" wrote in message news:9f2e783d-0883-4ac3-86c6-0df7f92e79ed...

Hello CT Lankford,

OGA Data-->

Just a FWIW, Dan - IIRC, Blocked VLK 2 is the MS internal VLK, so there's no way anyone who isn't a Softie should have one of those, whatever the acquisition route :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, June 25, 2010 7:28 AM
  • "Dan at IT Associates" wrote in message news:9f2e783d-0883-4ac3-86c6-0df7f92e79ed...

Hello CT Lankford,

OGA Data-->

Just a FWIW, Dan - IIRC, Blocked VLK 2 is the MS internal VLK, so there's no way anyone who isn't a Softie should have one of those, whatever the acquisition route :)

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth

Hi Noel,

Yes, the Status of Blocked VLK2 refers to the two Office versions that were originally Microsoft's own product keys issued to itself.

For Office Pro 2003 the Blocked VLK2 key ends in 3HFDY.  For Office XP Pro the Blocked VLK2 ends in TBBBG.

Friday, June 25, 2010 1:02 PM
  • Dan,

I really appreciate your assistance.  I am not sure where to locate the Genuine Offer you refer to pasted here:

"If you would like to participate in the Office Genuine Offer, please click the Learn More Online link being displayed on your screen by the OGA Notifier utility."

Where is the Learn More Online link?

Friday, June 25, 2010 6:32 PM
  • Dan,

I finally understood what you meant (sorry, it takes a while).  When I clicked on Learn More, it took me to a MS site that shows the Office 2007.  However, there is no way to take a link to purchasing it.  When i click on the MS Produsts, it shows the Office 2010 for a higher price.  Is there any way to get to a link to purchase the lower cost 2007 and get the free upgrade as you indicated in a previous email?

Thanks again for your assistance.

Friday, June 25, 2010 8:26 PM
  • Hello CT Lankford,

I would have to guess that Microsoft is in the midst of transitioning the Office Genuine Offer from Office 2007 to Office 2010, especially because Microsoft released Office 2010 on June 15, 2010.  I have not seen the offer screens lately so I don't know if they are still providing 2007 or if they have moved on to 2010.

If you purchased a high-quality counterfeit product that really looks a lot like the real McCoy, then you may qualify for the Complimentary Offer....you send them the high quality counterfeit and they send you a genuine replacement for free.

If you purchased low quality couterfeits or just a product key, then you may qualify for the Office Genuine Offer, which sells you a genuine retail copy of Office at a modest discount off of regular retail.

If you go to www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on Validate Office, once your Office installation fails validation, you shoul be presented with web pages that let you choose one of the above options (complimentary or discount).

Saturday, June 26, 2010 1:30 AM
  • Dan,

Thanks for the response.  I apologize for being a pain, but I have gone to that site, run the test for Office.  The next web page after validation:

http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/nonGenuine.aspx?displaylang=en&cCode=USA&sGuid=be014588-f4f8-4d2d-841c-fc441289a4ba&submit=1

Does not present me with the options you describe.  The different products are there, but I cannot click on them to go to purchase them.  Or, at least I do not see how to go to them.  If I click on the "Understanding Your Validation Results" it gives me instructions on uninstalling Office.  No links to purchase the Genuine Office.

So, can I just go to MS site and purchase Office 2010, then download it?

Saturday, June 26, 2010 2:51 PM
  • Hello CT Lankford,

Unfortunately, I cannot see the page you linked.  All of my computers have successful Office Validations and the active server pages are reading the cached results on my systems and will only take me to the Successful Validation page. :-(

[This has been a pet peeve of mine with the way MS has presented Windows and Office Genuine Advantage information on its web pages.  It would be very useful for forum helpers (like me) to be able to link to and view the same pages that people with nongenuine software are seeing (like you) to help explain the situation and to help them figure out what to do next.  But this is how they set it up and I don't think it's going to change just on my say-so :-)]

Frankly, the only reason to participate in the Office Genuine Offer would be if you purchased high quality counterfeit materials, because that would qualify you for the Complimentary replacement.  The other option, the so-called discounted copies of Office made available for purchase under the regular Office Genuine Offer are only discounted a little bit and any patient, serious shopper could beat the prices by looking for sales at local stores on online at major online retailers (not eBay).  Not to mention that right now a retail or OEM purchase of Office 2007 gets you a free copy of Office 2010 and yet still allows you full use of the Office 2007 purchase.

So if you didn't get high quality counterfeits, you certainly could just go to your favorite store or trusted online retailer and pick up a copy of Office 2010, or buy a copy directly from the Microsoft Store (http://store.microsoft.com) to replace the nongenuine Office that you have now.

Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:17 PM