organisation reports. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys

Not sure if this is possible, but I have a requirment where a client wishes to run reports on an account and bring up a dynamic organisation chart based upon the information kept on the contact record.

I believe that if I create look ups on the contact record such as Manager, colleague, subordinate and fill in that info that should provide me with the layer, however I cant see any way in visual studio to generate this report, there does not seem to be the structure available

Has anyone had a requiremnt for this or can point me in the right direction?

Thanks as always!

Allan

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 2:01 PM

All replies

• I presume the easiest way is to create your dataset and make somekind of tree-view with the appropriate formatting for each level. With a little bit of creativity you can probably turn your boring table view into something goodlooking and fast to read. Remember you can use conditional formatting for font colors or backgroundcolours based upon the values of a picklist.

Or, make a simple report/view and explain your client he can export the data to excell and configure a organisation chart himself...

Tuesday, July 20, 2010 5:57 PM