Win 7 Remote RRS feed

• Question

• I have two machines on Vail, an XP and a WIN7 Ultimate. Remote is good, except that I get the RED LIGHT on the WIN7 box. Not sure why, but the VAIL Server and the XP client are good. I don't have Windows FW on any of them as I use the NAT at the router so I'm not sure why Vail thinks it can't connect?

Thanks.

Thursday, June 24, 2010 7:14 PM

All replies

• Hi rdmsys:

when saying Vail thinks it can't connect, do you mean it shows up on webpage as "unavailable"? what if you still try to click on it to connect?

thanks.

windows home server team
    Friday, June 25, 2010 7:23 AM
  • Hey Feng...well the light on the dashboard is RED, when I click I get a "remote server not set up" error?
    Friday, June 25, 2010 4:01 PM
  • Hey Feng...well the light on the dashboard is RED, when I click I get a "remote server not set up" error?
    Does it say "connection is disabled" next to the red light?  If so, did you allow Remote Desktop access on your Win7 client?  If so, did you reboot the client afterwards?
    Saturday, June 26, 2010 3:02 PM
  • Does it say "connection is disabled" next to the red light?  If so, did you allow Remote Desktop access on your Win7 client?  If so, did you reboot the client afterwards?

Yep, that's exactly it. Yes I have Ultimate 7 64 and RDP into from other machines. XP, not a problem though!

Monday, June 28, 2010 8:24 PM
  • Yep, that's exactly it. Yes I have Ultimate 7 64 and RDP into from other machines. XP, not a problem though!
    You can RD into that Win7 client from other clients within your LAN, but not through the website, right?  If so, did you try rebooting that Win7 client?
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:32 AM
  • You can RD into that Win7 client from other clients within your LAN, but not through the website, right?  If so, did you try rebooting that Win7 client?

Kariya21, yes that is correct. Yea, I have rebooted many times after setting up Vail. Well, it's really not a big deal, I'll wait till the next build to see if I can get at it.

Thanks....

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 3:50 PM
  • Kariya21, yes that is correct. Yea, I have rebooted many times after setting up Vail. Well, it's really not a big deal, I'll wait till the next build to see if I can get at it.

Thanks....

Actually, in that case, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Thursday, July 1, 2010 2:05 AM