RemoteProvider ApplyChangeFailed : Db conflict type LocalInsertRemoteInsert firing RRS feed

• Question

• i needed to add a field to one of my synced table..So i deprovisioned  and added the field  on server and destination.And when i tried to sync again Dbconflict type 'LocalInsertRemoteInsert' firing and it take the apply action as 'continue' after that it fire on second row and then third row etc .I got millions of rows and its keep getting on every row. i dont know why its keep trying to insert same row on destination after deprovision..am i missing anything..

is there any solution for this.?Thanks in advance. 

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 1:20 PM

All replies

• Once you deprovision you lose your metadata and so the intial sync of 2 databases with the same data will result in (create-create) conflicts on every row.  So that intial sync will be very slow as every row has conflict to resolve.  After the first sync it will back to normal.

-Jesse

Wednesday, January 4, 2012 7:17 PM
  • as Jesse mentioned, when you deprovision, you only clean up the Sync framework related metadata (tracking tables, SPs, etc...). It does not clean up previously synched data.

In your case, when you deprovisioned without cleaning up the previously synched data, Sync Framework has no idea that the data has been synched before so it tries to apply the rows and thus encountering an error since the rows already exists.

Friday, January 6, 2012 4:59 AM